I&M Bank Uganda is a commercial bank headquartered at Kampala Road plot 6/6A with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers. We are seeking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and abilities to support business growth in the following position:
JOB TITLE : AML COMPLIANCE OFFICER
LOCATION : KAMPALA
REPORTS TO: COMPLIANCE MANAGER
- To work with the Compliance Manager of the bank to monitor and review compliance programmes for all divisions; in accordance with the BOU guidelines, the Bank’s policies, relevant laws and Banks Business Plan.
- Review and closure of all alerts received through the AML monitoring system.
- Identify and report all suspicious transactions to the MLCO for onward submission to FIA.
- Continually review and update all screening lists held by the Bank i.e., PEP list, blacklist.
- Handle Internal queries raised by branches and external queries raised by customers, regulators and correspondent banks on AML matters.
- Handle and resolve Customer Due Diligence on transactions, e.g. first time TTs, large cash transactions and identified suspicious transactions.
- Conduct annual KYC review of High risk customers, review their transactions continually to validate authenticity.
- Conduct annual KYC renewal for all counterparties and correspondent banks.
- Conduct risk assessments for any new products.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory requirements through continuous monitoring.
- Review transactions processed from money transfer services and prepare respective reports.
- Conduct regular trainings for all staff on AML & Financial Crime, KYC, etc.
- Conduct enhanced due diligence on high risk accounts.
- Review and update AML Policies and related manuals, procedures, guidelines.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALITIFCATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Statistics, Law, Economics or related field.
- A professional qualification (ACCA, CFA, ACIB, CPA, etc.) is an added advantage.
- At least one year banking experience.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Highly conversant with the regulatory framework and the Bank’s operating environment.
- Knowledge of KYC and Anti-money laundering guidelines.
- Able to personally deal with complex compliance issues.
- knowledgeable of Ugandan legislation affecting different Banking processes.
- Ability to analyze the impact of a new legislation/regulation on operations of the Bank and can translate these regulations/legislations into policies for the organization.
- Is abreast with trends and issues in the international scene on compliance matters at large and in the banking and finance industry especially.
Note: Deadline for this job posting is 29th June 2022