Job Title: Assistant Community Liaison Officer
Reporting to: Community Liaison Officer
Location: Albertine Region (Hoima, Buliisa and Kikuube Districts)
Contract length: 12 months
- SABC recruitment : Latest Jobs & Online Application
- Driving Vacancies & recruitment ( March 2024) : Open Jobs/ Application
- DHL recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- Eskom Recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- NEPAD Recruitment : 17 Open Jobs/Online application
- Old Mutual Recruitment : Open Jobs/Online application
- NGO Vacancies & recruitment : Open Jobs/ Application
Job Purpose: To provide coordination, support and guidance in stakeholder engagements to Project Affected Persons (PAPs) under Agriculture support services project in Buliisa, Hoima and Kikuube district.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in the scheduled community social economical baseline surveys, assessments and evaluations.
- Participate in identification of households to benefit from Agriculture Support Services project activities.
- Mobilise selected community members to effectively participate in the agreed planned project activities and monitoring daily progress.
- Observe adherence to project policies and guidelines like, child protection policy, SGBV, and others.
- Ensure that financial and asset resources (in your control) are managed and used in line with policy guidelines.
- Participate in the documentation and sharing of project learning.
- Participate in the production of daily, weekly, monthly and end of year timely and quality reports.
- Be the “ears and eyes” for the project to gather and analyse community feedback to project activities and write appropriate weekly reports to the Community Liaison Incharge.
- Preparation of work plans and budgets for the community activities
- Implementation of Community Engagement component related plans, programs and activities
- Produce reports on Stakeholder, community engagement components
- Establish linkages and collaboration with other value chain players
- Any other duties assigned to you by the Project Manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of communication, Environmental studies or Public relations, Development studies, Social works and Social Administration or any other related field of study.
- At least 2 years of practical experience in development and/or humanitarian sector with special emphasis on livelihood program Experience in community and stakeholder’s relationship building and management.
- Previous experience in negotiation and relationship building will be highly regarded.
- Well developed knowledge of Albertine local community cultures, ;eaders, customs and practices through prior involvement in the community and a demonstrated ability to liaise with all levels of society.
- Have a keen interest in livelihood restoration matters.
- Adhere to LEU values and abide by the code of conduct and other policies.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, active listening skills, initiative and personal discipline, etc.
- Great attention to detail and organization skills.
- Strong computer skills especially Excel and databases.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills.
How to apply
Applicants interested in the above positions should send their applications, detailed CVs, copies of academic certificates(certified originals to be presented at the interview and copies of the recent last 3 month’s pay) to: The attention of the Human Resource Officer at email@example.com with copies to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com not later than 5:00p.m, 14th October, 2022.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Buliisa, Hoima and Kikuube locals are encouraged to apply.