Job Title: Assistant Environment Agronomist
Reporting to: Senior Agronomist
Location: Albertine Region (Hoima, Buliisa and Kikuube Districts)
Contract length: 12 months
- SABC recruitment : Latest Jobs & Online Application
- Driving Vacancies & recruitment ( March 2024) : Open Jobs/ Application
- DHL recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- Eskom Recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- NEPAD Recruitment : 17 Open Jobs/Online application
- Old Mutual Recruitment : Open Jobs/Online application
- NGO Vacancies & recruitment : Open Jobs/ Application
Job Purpose: To provide environmental/forestry extension services in nursery trees component to Project Affected Persons (PAPs) under Agriculture support services project in Buliisa, Hoima and Kikuube district.
Roles and Responsibilities
Sensitizing communities about benefits of sustainable exploitation of forestry resources;
Training and carrying out demonstrations in modern agronomic practices of establishment of tree nursery beds in the project area.
Training and supervision of tree planting of different species to PAPs
Delivery of inputs for different species of trees distributed to PAPs
Preparing and submitting periodical activity and performance reports
Networking and linking the project activities with government extension workers in forestry, natural resources and environmental management as strategy of sustainability.
Any other duties assigned by the Senior agronomist.
Education and Experience
• Minimum is a diploma in Forestry, Environmental Management, or any other related
field from a recognized institution.
• At least 3 years of field related experience
- Records and information management;
- Coaching and mentoring;
- Assertiveness and self-confidence;
- Public relations and customer care; and
- Time management.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports.
- Must have knowledge in computer applications like Microsoft Office
How to apply
Applicants interested in the above positions should send their applications, detailed CVs, copies of academic certificates(certified originals to be presented at the interview and copies of the recent last 3 month’s pay) to: The attention of the Human Resource Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with copies to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5:00p.m, 14th October, 2022.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Buliisa, Hoima and Kikuube locals are encouraged to apply.