VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: ASSISTANT TO THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Job title: Assistant to the Executive Director
Number of Positions: 1 (One)
Duty Station: Kampala
Reporting to: Executive Director
About Women’s International Peace Centre
Women’s International Peace Centre, formerly Isis-WICCE, is a feminist organization founded in 1974 and based in Kampala, Uganda. Our mission is to ignite women’s leadership, amplify their voices and deepen their impact in recreating peace. The Peace Centre works in Africa, Asia and at global level with women war survivors, women human rights defenders, and women’s rights organizations to amplify women’s voices and advocate for policies and programmes tackling the impact of conflict on women and communities using our WEAVE model.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant will ensure the provision of effective administrative, communications and project management support to the Office of the Executive Director to ensure its efficient running in line with the set priorities.
1. Extensive operational and logistical assistance
• Maintenance of the Executive Director’s calendar with major events, deadlines etc. in cooperation with other members of the Peace Centre team.
• Organising regular and ad-hoc meetings on behalf of the ED, including drafting of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken, tracking of progress on planned issues; and follow-up on actions required or commitments made within agreed deadlines.
• Handle logistical and substantive preparations for meetings including preparing background documents, compiling briefing materials, and managing travel logistics for the Executive Director
• Administrative support to events or activities organised or led by the Office of the Executive Director.
2. Management of information and documentation flow:
• Drafting routine correspondence, general briefing notes, talking points, speeches, presentations or reports for the Executive Director when required.
• Maintenance of the filing/archiving system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
• Act as liaison between Executive director and staff including coordination of information flow and dissemination of communication to staff as required. Keep the Executive Director abreast of special requests
3. Oversee special projects at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, Human Rights, Gender or Women’s Studies, International Development, Peace and Security or a related field is required
• Minimum of 3 years of administrative or programme management experience in the field of development
• Proven experience in coordination, maintaining information and databases, managing client relationships, gathering and disseminating information
• Demonstrable knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position of Executive Assistant
• Strong research, writing, communications and analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal communications skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• High level of integrity
How to apply
To apply, submit a motivation letter and CV demonstrating your suitability by 5th December 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org