The office of the Auditor General (OAG) is the supreme Audit Institution (SAI) of Uganda mandated under Article 163 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda to audit and report on the Public Accounts of Uganda and of all public offices, including the Courts, the Central and Local Government Administrations, Universities and Public Institutions of like nature and any Public Corporations or other bodies or organizations established by an Act of Parliament. The Constitutional mandate of the OAG is amplified by the National Audit Act, 2008 which has among other things enhanced the financial and operational independence of the Auditor General.
The Vision for Office of the Auditor General is “A model Supreme Audit Institution that adds value to society”; and its Mission is “To provide our stakeholders with independent audit results that promote good governance for better service delivery”. Its core values are: Integrity & Ethical Conduct, Professional Competence, Objectivity and Service delivery oriented.
In accordance with Section 9(2) of the National Audit Act, 2008, Regulation 14 of the National Audit (Terms and Conditions of Staff) Regulations, 2011, and Chapter 2.3 of the OAG Human Resource Manual 2013, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions:
Job Title: Auditor Trainee – Accounting (40 Vacancies)
Job Grade: OAG-10
Reports to: Senior Auditor
Terms of Service: Contract Terms
Job Reference: ADM/56/136/01 Vol.6 [01/22]
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Conduct audits and draft audit observations in adherence to professional standards, organisational policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Audit Planning and Execution
• Assist in undertaking risk assessment, analysis and propose appropriate responses
to the assessed risks through gaining an understanding of the entity and its environment.
• Prepare audit files with all required documentation.
• Prepare lead schedules and compute materiality levels of audited entities.
2. Carry out Audit Verifications
• Obtain sufficient and reliable information through inspection, observation, inquiries, and confirmation to support audit observations.
• Perform audit tests and programs in the respective field of audit.
• Assist in the development of verification schedules with the audited institutions.
• Carry out audit verifications and draft verification reports.
3. Prepare Audit Reports
• Assist the Team Leader to prepare the draft audit opinions and final management letters.
Prepare draft management letters that meet the requirements of the OAG and International Standards.
4. Participate in Entry and Exit Meetings
• Attend pre-exit and exit meetings.
• Document management responses, resolutions and minutes from entry and exit meetings.
5. Participate in Office Activities
• Assist in the internal risk assessment process in the directorate.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
a) Minutes of entry and exit meetings.
b) Audit evidence files.
c) Draft management letters.
d) Draft verification reports.
e) Draft audit opinion reports.
Applicants should be Ugandans aged 30 years and below, holding EITHER a Bachelor’s (Hons) degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Business Studies and any other related Bachelor’s degree majoring in Accounting OR a Full Professional Qualification such as ACCA or CPA from a recognised body.
• Experience is not required.
COMPETENCIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
i. Communication skills
iii. Interpersonal skills
iv. Analytical skills
v. Report writing skills
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be accompanied by:
• Detailed typed curriculum vitae which clearly
supports the competencies required above.
• Copies of academic qualifications, testimonials and professional training certificates.
•Names of three (3) referees and their contacts.
A recent passport size photograph attached to the application form.
• All applications should be submitted on OAG application form, which can be obtained from the OAG Website.
• Applications received shall be acknowledged by the office.
The deadline for receiving applications is 26th July, 2022. Late submission shall not be considered.
Applications must be hand delivered and addressed to:
The Auditor General
Office of the Auditor General
Audit House, Plot 2C, Apollo Kaggwa Road
P. O. Box 7083, KAMPALA