St. Mary’s Hospital Lacor seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person to fill the position of a Biomedical Engineer/ Senior Biomedical Technician .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Install new equipment by establishing, adjusting, calibrating and testing performance Supervise and approve new equipment installation by third parties
• Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules, conducting tests and troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions
• Call for special equipment service, evaluate service contracts and maintain equipment inventories
• Direct biomedical equipment operations by providing equipment operation demonstrations, instructing other healthcare staff in use and care of equipment and answering questions
• Evaluate proposals for new equipment
• Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating needs, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipt, in collaboration with procurement department
• Prepare biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
• Degree in electronics / biomedical technology, or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
• Higher Diploma in electronics / biomedical technology, or similar qualification
• Any other relevant additional qualification may be of added advantage
• Familiarity with procurement processes and ability to contact suppliers for the identification of new machines and procurement of spare parts
• Proven experience of managing and coordinating a small team of technicians
• Familiarity with inventory and maintenance software
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualities:
• Be between 35-50 years of age
• Minimum experience of at least 4 years in a similar setting
• Have work-centered commitment with keen attention to detail
• A good team player willing and able to work in harmony with others
• Willingness to learn, be corrected and supervised
• An honest person with high sense of integrity and responsibility
• Exercise maturity and sound judgement based on facts
How to apply
Only short listed candidates shall be contacted and any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Applications together with a detailed CV to be submitted to Personnel Office or email personnel. email@example.com not later than 15th January 2021.