Job Title: Biomedical Technician (1)
Reports to: Biomedical Engineer
Job Summary: To carry out proper maintenance and management of equipment for the smooth running of the Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out routine inspection and checking on the functioning and state of Hospital Medical equipment, reporting any major technical fault and taking follow up action.
- Preparing and implementing equipment maintenance schedules, using hand tools, measuring devises, knowledge of manufacturer’s manuals, troubleshooting techniques and preventive maintenance schedules etc.
- Participate in installing medical equipment acquired by the Hospital.
- Compiling and maintaining the Hospital Medical Equipment inventory and register.
- Carrying out routine servicing, maintenance and repair of Hospital Medical Equipment.
- Opening, maintaining and keeping job cards for all the maintenance works done on the different equipment.
- Checking and following up with different users on their equipment needs and demonstrating correct usage of the medical equipment to the end users.
- Making follow up on decisions made in users’ meetings and other meetings in regard to medical equipment including the procurement process, allocation and delivery of the required equipment to the end users.
- Taking the duty of care for the security and safe custody of equipment allocated to different users and places.
- Ensure an updated inventory of medical equipment spares and consumables and their safe custody.
- Compiling and submitting required data and reports on medical equipment to management.
- Perform any other duties incidental to the above assigned from time to time by the Head of department and or the Hospital Management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Biomedical Engineering from a recognized Institution
- Two (2) years’ relevant working experience in a similar role preferably in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of medical equipment trouble shooting
- Measurement and analytical skills
- Computer skill especially Microsoft Office programs
- Must be between 24 – 35 years of age.
How to apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with relevant qualifications and experience should submit their application letters, detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, licenses (where applicable) and valid contacts/email addresses of three (3) referees. Two (2) professional and one (1) religious leader personally known to you) electronically by filling a form on www.mengohospital.org/jobs not later than 24th June, 2022 by 5:00 pm.
• No hand delivered applications will be considered.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.