Introduction and General Background
African Initiatives for Relief and Development (AIRD) is a non-political, non-religious and a not-for-profit non-governmental organization. AIRD was established in 2006 with its Head Office in Kampala, Uganda.
AIRD, being an active implementing partner with UNHCR, is currently managing operations in Uganda, Burundi, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Niger, Tanzania, Burkina Faso, Liberia, Central Africa Republic (CAR) and Cameroon. Our partnership with UNHCR focuses on refugee and IDP settlements and program management.
In a bid to diversify its sources of revenue to fund its humanitarian activities, AIRD has established a subsidiary company, Formula 21 Pitstop and has secured agreement with Toyota Uganda to establish an Auto Service Centre (workshop/garage) in Mbarara. AIRD now seeks the services of a qualified Branch Manager to manage and oversee the Workshop operations. Below are the Details of the Job Description.
Main Purpose of the role:
Strategically lead the operations Formula 21 branch operations and Toyota Authorized Service Centre, to ensure sustainable growth and expansion, efficient operations, customer satisfaction and profitability of the branch to achieve business objectives.
In particular, the Branch Manager (Mbarara) will:
• Design and implement marketing strategies to target new business, individuals and fleet companies so as to grow market share
• Ensure achievement of Branch sales targets as per budget Manage and monitor Branch operations to maintain set performance levels ensuring customer satisfaction and achievement of business objectives
• Improve business performance through quiding the team to effectively perform their duties and achieve the branch budgets
• Participate in the budgeting process and work with the various departmental managers to ensure that the branch budgets are achieved and variances are explained
• Lead and coordinate the preparation of periodic plans and budgets for the branch
• Oversee and coordinate the implementation of branch plans and programmes by the respective supervisors and technical officers
• Provide effective leadership to the branch by maintaining information flow across the branch and headquarters and promoting good team work]
• Responsible for the effective management and control of financial expenditure at the branch level, to ensure adherence to set financial policies, as well as plans and budgets
• Develop and ensure strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all applicable Branch processes
• Responsible for effective management and utilization of company resources located at the branch for better business productivity Responsible for proper management of all staff at the branch and ensure compliance with Toyota Uganda (TUGA) policies, regulations and standards in all the activities of the branch
• Manage and monitor branch capacity in terms of people resources and liaise with the relevant departments at head office for support
• Enhance customer satisfaction through timely follow up and resolution of all customer complaints at the branch Network with key stakeholders within the community to promote branch services and identify business opportunities Be responsible for managing the performance of the branch team and coordinating staff development programs to ensure satisfaction and retention of high performers
• Maintain a safe & healthy working environment at the Branch through promotion & strict adherence to company safety procedures, housekeeping principles, PPE use and scheduled equipment maintenance
• Product & Automotive Industry knowledge
• Customer & Result Orientation
• Coaching & Mentoring
• Computer literate-MS Office Packages
• Conflict Management
• Business Orientation
• Financial Management & Budgeting skills.
• Interpersonal Skills
• Problem Analysis & Solving
• Leadership skills
• Communication (verbal & Written expression)
• Flexible behaviour
• Forming Judgment
• Commercial power
• Controlling progress
• Attention to Detail
• Identification with management
• Planning & Organizing
• Organization sensitivity
A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline with a post graduate qualification in Business Management Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a business environment with 2 years at supervisory level Product and general automotive business knowledge with previously automotive trade experience Qualified driver with competence in manual and automatic transmission
To be successful you will also:
Have passion for Formula 21’s mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic organization from the initial start up to a thriving business; Be proactive, set to achieve results and create positive change; Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness: Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration;
How to apply
Applications may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submission of applications: Monday 11th October 2021.