Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Uganda and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
Main Purpose of Job
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for dynamic persons to join our Risk Advisory – Risk Services team as Business Analysts. You will ensure that all assignments are carried out to the highest standards in order to provide outstanding value to clients and the Firm. You will also provide support to engagement teams by ensuring efficient & effective data collection for utilisation on engagements per agreed client and Firm standards.
What you will do
- Support the delivery efforts of the engagement team in area of competency;
- Manage engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management;
- Effectively perform the technical components of risk assessments to provide an accurate view of the client’s current risk state;
- Perform end-to-end business process analyses and design;
- Assess and design internal controls by applying an understanding of internal control design frameworks and regulatory requirements;
- Gather, synthesize, and analyze data using appropriate tools and technologies;
- Form a domain knowledge through the active participation in internal and external initiatives; and,
- Any other duties that will be assigned from time to time.
Key performance areas
- Strategic Impact
- Budgets / Profitability
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- Business Process Assessment and Design
- Internal Controls Assessment and Design
- Data Analytics and Technology
- At least an Upper Second class honors degree in any discipline;
- A minimum of 17 points for candidates that did four (4) principle subjects at ‘A’ Level or equivalent;
- A minimum of 16 points for candidates that did three (3) principle subjects at ‘A’ Level or equivalent;
- A first Grade in ‘O’ Level (with at least credit 3 in English and Mathematics) or equivalent;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Strong client delivery focus;
- Focus on quality and risk;
- Problem solving ability;
- Good business acumen; and,
- Be a Ugandan Citizen.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioral Capabilities
Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
Influence – Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
Performance drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
Strategic direction – Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
Talent development – Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #ImpactThatMatters.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Please note that candidates that do not attached their resumes and academic credentials will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.