NIRAS International Consulting Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of NIRAS International Consultancy (NIC) Business Unit within NIRAS Group, specialized in Development Consulting for official development assistance (ODA) and private client. NIRAS group headquartered in Denmark but with global presence in Africa, Asia and Latin America. NIRAS International Consultancy offer technical assistance services to governments and development cooperation partners such as the EU, World Bank, Sida, Danida, FCDO, GIZ and KFW. Our major areas of intervention are in Agriculture and Rural development, Private Sector Development and Trade, Energy, Natural Resource Management, Environment and Climate Change, Education and Skills Development, Urban Development, Governance, Land and Investment, Monitoring &Evaluation amongst others.
The Business Development and Tendering Manager is responsible for providing oversight and coordination of client engagement, all BID and tender writing.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the sector/thematic priority areas for NIRAS Africa and systematically gather information regarding clients’ and funding agencies’ strategies and programming initiatives in these areas.
- In consultation with the Market Coordinator and Country Office Director maintain an overview of the pipelines and internal processes to prioritize “potential winning” bids.
- Coordination of the tender development process and pursuit of opportunities in liaison with the Uganda country office, NIRAS Africa and Other NIRAS Offices across the globe.
- Take lead in collating information on lessons learned from EOI
- and Bid processes; ensure the post-bid analyses take place and information disseminated and actions taken. Identify and build relationships with new and potential clients (including donors, aid agencies, government agencies, programmes and private business).
- Develop and maintain a database of clients, consultants (experts) and companies
- Support or lead identifying strategic partners, experts and develop unique selling proposition and differentiators to create a competitive edge for NIRAS Uganda. Specifically explore opportunities for collaboration in Bids, fact-finding missions etc.
- Expand NIRAS Uganda network of strategic partners, associates/experts and consultants by identifying and quality assuring new consultants (Ugandan and international) and maintain regular contact with them. Manage the consultant roster/ NIC expert online database (CVPT).
- Represent the company’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events or donor-specific peer networks as it relates to NIRAS interest/thematic areas.
Bids and Tendering
- Develop and write Expression of Interest and business proposals.
- Take lead and respond to Request for Proposals, Expressions of Interests analysis, Request for Quotations, reference selection and RfP/ EOI elaboration process. · Ensure application of NIC routines, templates and tools to deliver uniform/consistent results in a cost-efficient manner.
- Manage activities for bid preparation and planning including: Teaming, bid strategy, development of win-themes, oversight of and contribution to technical design, drafting management and other sections of the bid process.
- Analyse tender requirements and technical, costing and other issues of relevance to bids and provide substantive written inputs to proposals in areas of competence.
- Perform diligence process and fact-finding missions, by studying integration of new ventures with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Advice on and assist outreach to relevant consultants and companies to pursue options for entry of consortia and partnerships for bids. Maintain contact and negotiate with identified consultants and partners.
- Ensure all relevant documentation for bids is complete and accurate, and that all technical, commercial and contractual correspondence with clients and participating partners and consultants are efficiently addressed and closed out.
- Analyse the proposal schedule, monitor progress and highlight potential risks for on time delivery, and recommend corrective action for approval.
- Prepare reports such as summary schedules, proposal overviews, competitive overviews and cost/price summaries.
Project Management and Administration
- Support the management and effective use of all relevant operational systems for NIRAS Africa projects, including financial management, work-planning, security and duty of care, procurement and logistics, and human resource management.
- Provide support to internal and external events, such as meetings and workshops; initiatives defined in the project work plans; administrative and logistical tasks; and other activities as required.
- Assist Project Managers and Project Directors with project management tasks including finance, risk and quality management.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in related technical discipline relevant to NIRAS Africa Group’s thematic areas is strongly preferred. A Masters will be an added advantage.
- At least four years’ relevant working experience in successful tender bid development, in a similar role, preferably in an international company.
- Working knowledge in tendering process for development projects is essential.
- Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, analysante and formatting bid documents.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with good report writing skills. Ability to communicate with stakeholders from a range of professional backgrounds Fluent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Outgoing personality, good interpersonal skills i.e., can network.
- Successful candidate should have proposal writing experience from major donors including World Bank, EU, USAID, DANIDA, GIZ, KfW etc
- Demonstrable ability to proactively seek out new business opportunities.
- Ability to work well individually and within a team to deliver results within budget and set deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills capable of hands-on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Open to traveling within and outside Uganda
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications which include a detailed CV, cover letter and contacts of 3 references via email to JUKI@niras.com and cc’ STOP@niras.com by 25th October 2021. Hardcopies will not be accepted.