Job Title: FREO2 Uganda Business Development Manager
Reports To: FREO2 Operations Manager
Employment Basis: Full time, Fixed term: January – December 2021
Date Prepared: December 2020
About FREO2 Foundation
FREO2 Foundation Australia (FREO2) is driven by the belief that every health facility that cares for in-patients must have oxygen. We are committed to saving lives by creating and deploying at scale, new oxygen production technology to improve oxygen access and care (diagnosis and treatment) at the under-resourced periphery of the health service – with small district hospitals, sub-district health centres and health posts.
The FREO2 Uganda Business Development Lead will work closely with the FREO2 Uganda Manager and the FREO2 Business Development team to lead the marketing and sales of FREO2 oxygen products and services and manage strong customer and business developmentrelationships. Keycustomergroupsinclude:publichospitalsandhealthcentres ( level IV and upper level III), private hospitals and clinics, not-for-profit hospitals & clinics and international NGOs.
The FREO2 Uganda Manager will be engaged through FREO2 partner organisation Brick by Brick, until FREO2 Uganda is formally established.
Business Model Development
- Review the market for clinical oxygen in Uganda, including prioritisation of customers’ needs and market opportunities.
- Engage potential customers and profile customer needs, pain points and priorities to develop value propositions for the different market segments.
- Develop, test and refine the FREO2 Uganda value proposition and business model.
- Work with the Uganda Manager to develop the FREO2 Uganda Business Plan.
- Develop and price FREO2 product and service offerings. Customers & Sales
- Develop and implement FREO2 Uganda’s Marketing and Sales Strategy and Plan.
- Build and manage relationships with customers, potential customers, and key decision-
- makers and influences within the key customer groups.
- Travel to client sites, local conferences, workshops and seminars in order to continue to grow FREO2’s client base and strengthen its presence in the market.
- Build a pipeline of potential FREO2 customers.
- Secure and manage FREO2 system sales from definition of customer requirements,
- through to procurement, installation and after sales service.
- Training staff on customer handling and retention
Delivery & After Sales Services
- Work with the FREO2 Uganda Manager and Business Development team to ensure continuity of oxygen system delivery.
- Contribute to the development of a system installation and maintenance schedule that aligns with the installation pipeline.
- Manage after-sales service delivery and use service data and feedback to improve sales, services and customer support.
- Day to day liaison with FREO2 Uganda Manager, partner health facilities and relevant stakeholders to resolve issues and improve service delivery.
- Monitor sales performance and trends, and proffer action plans to improve sales and marketing performance.
- Provide monthly progress reports regarding new business leads, sales growth or declines, client satisfaction surveys and budgets to the FREO2 Operations Manager and FREO2 Uganda Manager.
Work with the FREO2 Foundation team to:
- Develop, strengthen and maintain strong operational partnerships with key stakeholders in the Ministry of Health, public and private health facilities, international partners and NGOs.
- Represent FREO2 Uganda in public forums, including the development of presentations, proposals, and materials to customer acquisition, engagement and retention
- Identify and build relationships with potential funders and donors.
- Monitor and respond to changes in the funding and policy landscape.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or a relevant field.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in developing, maintaining and strengthening business relationships. Strong business development experience in an early-stage social enterprise is a plus.
- Able to function in complex and challenging customer environments while maintaining the ability to influence change and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions.
- Strong networks within several of the target markets is a plus.
- Must be passionate about reducing health inequity through increased access to reliable
- therapeutic oxygen.
- Ability to work with and/or manage a diverse, multicultural team, international team.
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking, presentation skills and an ability to build professional relationships with key stakeholders.
- Self-starter with demonstrated experience launching new projects or initiatives.
- Must have strong decision-making abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of project management computer applications including Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and web conferencing facilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English and Luganda. Knowledge of other relevant local languages is a plus.
This position will require frequent travel around assigned areas to establish and maintain customer relationships. Many customer sites are situated in remote areas.
A probationary period of three months will apply, followed by a quarterly performance review against agreed targets.
The following criteria will be used to review applicants:
- Experience leading business development programs and activities
- Experience and current networks in the Uganda health sector
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Demonstrated commitment to addressing health inequalities (or other social issues)
- Communication and interpersonal skills including capability in stakeholder management.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 5 pm 15 January 2021.
In your cover letter, please address the following:
- Why you are interested in working with FREO2 Foundation;
- What excites you about this particular role; and
- Experience with respect to the selection criteria for the position.
We anticipate concluding the interview process within 2 months after the application deadline and aim to have no more than three interview stages. Only successful candidates will progress to the next stage.
- The initial stage will involve a preliminary screening against the required skills and experience followed by a brief pre-screening call to determine alignment with our selection criteria.
- The second stage will entail a written exercise or presentation to enable candidates showcase their creativity.
- The final stage will involve phone calls and or in-person interviews with our technical and business development team.