It’s hard to believe that today 771 million people do not have clean water and 1.7 billion do not have a decent toilet – around 1 in 5 of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Business Development Manager to play a vital role in our vision to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030. We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The Business Development Manager shall be responsible for identifying new funding opportunities, developing concept notes and funding proposals to raise funds from potential donors and maintaining good relationships with donors. The position holder will be responsible for conducting research on funding opportunities, contract negotiations, and implementing a variety of marketing strategies and promotional campaigns. He/she will organize non-profit events and network with relevant stakeholders.
To be successful, you will need the following:
- A Master’s Degree in Project/Programme Management Social Sciences, Development Studies, Business Management/Administration, International Development, Public Health or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ related experience in raising funds from donors such as the EU, DFID, USAID, SIDA, NORAD, DANIDA etc and managing the funds
- Proven ability to identify new business opportunities and create successful partnerships
- In-depth knowledge of the fundraising industry and its current events
- Broad knowledge of a range of bilateral and multilateral institutional donors and CSR of corporate bodies.
- Experience in consortia partnerships management
- Creative talents and the ability to solve problems
- Excellent networking, engagement and negotiating skills and proven ability to initiate and maintain strategic partnerships
- Adherence to equity and inclusion, Rights-Based Approach, safeguarding and Quality Programmes Standards.
- Diplomatic and multi-cultural skills.
- Strong communication and IT fluency
- Attention to detail and ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Collaborative, respectful, accountable, innovative and creative, integrity, team spirit
- SABC recruitment : Latest Jobs & Online Application
- Driving Vacancies & recruitment ( March 2024) : Open Jobs/ Application
- DHL recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- Eskom Recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- NEPAD Recruitment : 17 Open Jobs/Online application
- Old Mutual Recruitment : Open Jobs/Online application
- NGO Vacancies & recruitment : Open Jobs/ Application
Interested in applying?
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, complete the job application form (linked in the job description) and send it with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating Business Development Manager in the subject line by 23rd May 2022.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunity, disability and gender confident employer and is committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
For more details, please visit https://jobs.wateraid.org/en-GB/job/business-development-manager-uganda/J3S8GL75TYY12FHD9XZ