Job Title: Business Development Supervisor
Reports To:Broker Manager
Direct Reports: Non
The role holder is responsible for providing assistance to the Broker Manager to secure new business through brokers to grow the business channel. The role holder is a key player in driving the achievement of the strategic goals of the channel and fostering thriving business relationships with the key stakeholders. The role will report to the Broker Manager.
- Manage relationships with the broker channel and ensure effective broker service levels.
- Drive new business growth and build critical mass within agreed timeframes as per the business strategy.
- Careful examination of policy documents issued to Brokers to ensure alignment with the brokers /underwriters’ needs and instructions.
- Ensure timely premium remittance & reconciliation for all Broker generated businesses
- Ensure timely payment of Broker Commissions
- Drive customer retention as per business on book
- Manage and drive portfolio profitability and growth.
- Identify and create coordinated business development opportunities including in the oil and gas sector
- Assist in the identification and development of products and tailor-made solutions in line with Broker requirements
- Actively manage and report on the achievement of business development targets as well as industry performance and trends.
- Deliver an outstanding customer experience as per Britam’s Service standards
- Engage in marketing intelligence initiatives to facilitate the development of business strategies to drive the channel strategy;
- Deliver performance requirements as defined in the department’s strategy map, balanced scorecard, and personal scorecard.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time
Key Performance Measures
- As described in your Personal Score Card
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments as may be necessary
- All Brokers
- Insurance sector players
- Insurance Regulatory Authority
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor degree in any Business or Insurance related course
- Possession of CII Certification is an added advantage;
- Minimum 2 – 4 years’ experience with bias in Business Development and sales.
- Experience and knowledge in Oil and Gas will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer/software packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc
- Knowledge of the Insurance Regulatory Requirements
- Excellent knowledge of the insurance industry and product pricing is an added advantage
Key competencies for the role:
- A high sales drive and a strong will to succeed;
- Critical and Analytical skills
- Confident, articulate, and with strong communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment;
- Results-oriented with the ability to work under strict deadlines and meet sales targets;
- Strong team player with excellent leadership skills.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Strong work ethic
- Ensure productivity and performance is achieved and exceeded
- Expenditure in area of influence maintained within approved budget
- High performance and entrepreneur culture is achieved