Are you passionate about the food industry and interested in an opportunity to share your culinary skills and experiences to advance youth employment in the food industry ? Can you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a creative mind and pride yourself in persuasive engagement? If this describes you; You might be the perfect fit for this role!
Location: Kampala, Gulu, Mbarara, Jinja
Department: Programs (Future Plates)
Reports to: Program Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Kitchen Station is a culinary maker space that is providing commercial resources for food, bakery, catering and beverage enterprises at all stages of growth. We believe that creating a collaborative environment and community for food-preneurs will nurture creativity, innovation and sustainability in the food industry. It is a destination for the Ugandan food community to dare to think differently about the glories that lay in the industry. Our aim is to uplift food enterprises and curious youth by creating a collaborative environment for them to thrive.
Future Plates is an outreach program that is aimed at creating economic opportunities through the food industry for underserved communities .The program aims to reach out to various communities to identify young people engaged in or intending to join the food industry and equip them with skills that they can use to create decent jobs for themselves or to gain meaningful employment in the food industry. Through this program, we strive to offer expertise in food enterprise development, business development support and specialized food production training to 20,000 underserved youth annually .
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for passion driven tutors to join our team! If you are ambitious, love community outreach and you are awed by the youth empowerment , we would love to meet you! We expect you to be experienced in Culinary art as well as able to modify instruction, as needed, to meet the needs of all fellows.. Ultimately, you should be able to train these fellows in hands on skills and soft skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Collaborate with our team to deliver designed KS academy curriculum to prepare students to meet training competencies
- Provide personal and professional guidance to the fellows when needed in different areas.
- Develop creative instructional methods to engage students in the learning process.
- Develop daily lesson plans and instructional plans to meet course competency.
- Review and make recommendations to improve culinary curriculum using an aligned approach
- On the job culinary training and support, working with the Program Manager to best utilize skilling opportunities to meet student skill development
- Provide technical guidance on training strategies, initiatives, and materials
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- At least two years previous experience in the culinary sector in various areas i.e business management, hotel and institutional catering, hospitality management or related field.
- Our volunteers will be paid a modest stipend to cover logistics, transport and accommodation costs when needed.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send in typed application including cover letter, curriculum vitae and copies of relevant academic certificates as well as references by email to: email@example.com until 8th August, 2020.
We can’t wait to meet you!