The Care & Treatment Manager is responsible for taking the lead in provision of technical support for implementation of HIV care and treatment programs and develops and monitors the implementation of systems, policies and procedures for the HIV Care and Treatment programs, aligning the project objectives to Ministry of Health priorities and supporting the Districts in Hoima region to achieve HIV epidemic control.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of consolidated project annual, quarterly and monthly work plans, procurement plans and budgets for HIV care and treatment services and support tracking of progress at project, district and facility levels as well as monitor the integration of related activities in the district/facility plans and budgets.
- In collaboration with the capacity building manager, develop the regional capacity building/ mentorship plan for HIV/AIDS/TB care, treatment, nutrition, paediatric & adolescent programs for district health workers and monitor its implementation based on clearly identified needs.
- In collaboration with the HR coordinator, monitor the compliance of the Care and treatment teams to the HR systems and policies as well as conduct supervisory HR support activities to maintain a competent & motivated care & treatment team.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and networks with district key stakeholders and other partner organizations involved in HIV/STI/TB surveillance programs and advocate for comprehensive, relevant and harmonized interventions.
- Develop and implement strategies for conducting periodic program review/lesson learnt meetings/ based on the set and agreed upon periodic targets for the programs and develop action plans for improvements including periodic report writing and feed back to stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the QI advisor, review and monitor the implementation of MoH Quality Improvement objectives and quality improvement projects in the supported districts and health facilities.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of initiatives for conducting HIV/STI/TB care, treatment and prevention related operational research and support the writing of fundable proposals.
- Write quarterly, semi- annual and annually reports in regard to the performance of the project in line with Baylor Uganda’s strategic objectives.
- Develop fundable proposals in collaboration with other Baylor-Uganda staff and key stakeholders for the sustainability or continuity of various programs in line with Baylor Uganda strategic objectives.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of a lessons learnt system aligned to case conferences, mortality audit and organizational continued medical education sessions to promote continuous professional development in line with Baylor Uganda Clinical Policies and SOPs.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- · A Master’s degree in pediatrics, internal medicine, health systems management or public health.· At least 2 years’ work experience at a middle or senior management level with a reputable organization.
- · Direct experience of representation with government and donor health agencies.
- · At least 5 years working experience in the field of HIV.
- 5 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.