Job Number: 2100001L)
MTN Mobile Money Uganda Limited is the leading Mobile Financial Services Company providing mobile money and FinTech Services. MTN Mobile Money is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the following Position.
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director (MTN Mobile Money Uganda Ltd)
Reporting to: Board of Directors-MTN Mobile Money Ltd
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
Deploy strategy to shape and direct the Mobile Financial Services business. Provide strategic leadership in the use of technology innovatively to improve and automate the delivery of financial services thereby making processes for partner (companies & business owners) and consumers efficient, effective and for value add.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensure the development of Mobile Financial Services by putting in place a strategy, strategic growth plan, and providing clear direction and structure.
- Deliver agreed business goals in accordance with overall business strategy with a high focus on Fintech workflow processes, the user experience (UX) as well as user journey mapping.
- Responsibility for FinTech governance and compliance to national regulations and internal best practices
- Promote an ‘MTN centric’ and ‘partnership approach’ to developing strong relationships with other divisions/working groups and ensure adherence to governance structure
- Provide overall direction for Financial Services by scanning and identifying new opportunities, analyzing changes in the competitive landscape, analyzing trends, costs, forecasts and implementing them for business value add.
- Partner with the Sales Regional team to ensure that the distribution and merchant network has presence across the country and the distribution network is managed to deliver on the expected strategy.
- Develop financial and mobile money ecosystem through strategic partnerships.
- Strategic management of the overall financial performance of each Financial Services product and commercial expenses by analyzing and controlling financial reports, creating and administering commercial budgets
- Evaluate operational processes for the Mobile Financial Services business area and improve opportunities to promote a customer focused culture.
- Ensure that all SLAs are aligned to Mobile Financial Services Go-To-Market plan regarding agent creation, agent modification and commission payments
- Build Partnership and SLAs to manage the different platform performance, upgrades and any other modifications.
- Ensure all relevant activities, trends, revenues and costs in the Financial Services structure are reported on effectively for governance and business purposes.
- Establish a well-resourced operations team to support the entire Financial Services delivery on the market include virtulized talent.
- Partner with Corporate Services division to ensure that the legal and compliance requirements of the Mobile Financial Services business are aligned to the regulatory laws of the Mobile Financial Services industry.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- A Degree in Finance, Administration, Engineering or Marketing
- An MBA/Master’s Degree is a must
- Minimum of 12 years’ Senior Management experience in Technology, Distribution and/or Financial Services
- 5 years’ experience C-suite experience. (Multinational, Technology, Financial Services and/ or Fintech
- Knowledge of risk and regulatory of the Mobile Financial Services/FINTECH
- Effective oral and written communication and stakeholder management including Senior Management, Government, Regulators, Financial institutions, Academia and the General Public
- Ability to establish policies, priorities to manage and evaluate projects
- Good understanding of FINTECH
- Technology savvy including working technology
- Ability to develop comprehensive and detailed business case to drive a business initiative including budget management
- Comprehensive knowledge of Central Bank rules and regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of payment ecosystem
- Product and Services management including Product development, roll out and product performance management
- Vision and direction – Define business unit objectives to ensure that staff at all levels understand expectations and targets. Create a long-term vision of excellence and success, and generate deep-seated excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to that vision
- Customer Centricity – Internal and External across various touch points.
- Ability to manage self and team performance, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
- Energy & Drive – Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
- Empower teams to deliver on targets through promoting interaction, cohesion, and synergy
- Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
- Change Maker – Adapting to and influencing change when appropriate or necessary
- Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
- Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
- Organizational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation Skills, commitment to the organization
- Strategic Skills – Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to handle issues with tact and diplomacy
- Feedback and Coaching
- Ability to perform relevant data analysis to drive the business toward success
- Negotiation and influencing skills
NOTE: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only Successful candidates will be contacted.