Multi Community Based Development Initiative (MUCOBADI) was started in 2000 by Community Development Volunteers to bring development, but in particular, to support populations affected by HIV and other adversities to be healthy, live productively, and thrive. MUCOBADI’s work is driven by the vision of ‘a Self-Sustaining Healthy Community” MUCOBADI is registered as a Non-Government Organization (S.5914/7569) and is incorporated as a company limited by Guarantee.
MUCOBADI is implementing a 5-year (2020-2025) USAID/ Uganda Activity (Improving Care and Resilience for Children and Youth –USAID/ICARE aimed at preventing new HIV infections and reducing vulnerability among orphans and other vulnerable children and Adolescent Girls and Young Women across 07 Districts in East-Central Uganda. MUCOBADI seeks to recruit a qualified candidate to fill the position here below:
Position: Chief of Party
Project: USAID/ICARE Activity
Location: Jinja City
Key Responsibilities and deliverables: (find detailed job description on our website www.mucobadi.org):
Position Summary: The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall coordination, leadership and expertise over the USAID/ICARE Activity. S/he will be the principal liaison and responsible for all USAID/ICARE Activity communications to USAID on management, technical and financial matters. The COP will be responsible for management of all aspects of USAID/ICARE Activity implementation, ensuring effective and compliant delivery of results and objectives, including but not limited to, technical, administrative, operational aspects. The COP will promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkage to existing programs and establish collaborative relationships with key government ministries, agencies, implementing partners and stakeholders so that the USAID/ICARE Activity leverages resources and supports the national plan for vulnerable children. The COP will report to MUCOBADI’s Executive Director and to the designated USAID representative and will supervise the Deputy Chief of Party; the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director; and the Finance and Operations Director.
The Chief of Party must have an appropriate balance of technical, managerial, and interpersonal skills and experience. S/he shall have a deep understanding of the overall goals and objectives of the activity. Specifically, the Chief of Party will have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
• A Master’s Degree or higher in public health, business administration, social sciences or a closely related field.
• Strong leadership qualities and depth and breadth of technical and management expertise.
• At least 10 years of progressive experience in designing, implementing and managing large, complex HIV, OVC, or similar community-based projects involving multiple partners in the East African region.
• Management experience with a USG cooperative agreements or contracts is preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership skills in working collaboratively with other donors, host country institutions, and international organizations.
• Working knowledge of and experience with USGfunded program management, policies, regulations and procedures.
• Experience in building and nurturing effective partnerships
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their application letter and CV indicating three referees to: Email: email@example.com not later than 5.00pm on 31st January 2023.
MUCOBADI is an equal-opportunity employer. MUCOBADI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, nationality or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
MUCOBADI has also committed to child and vulnerable adult safeguarding as well as Anti-human trafficking in persons principles.