Job Title: Civil Works Supervisor
Reports to: Director Engineering and Technology Development
Vacancy: one (1) Position.
Age 30-50 years.
To provide effective, efficient and quality technical support to the operations of UIRI civil works projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the construction activities are carried out according to the plans, designs and drawings and ascertain accuracy of the qualities.
- Ensure that all materials used and works performed are in accordance with the specifications indicated in the contract document.
- Manage, monitor, interpret and explain the building plans, drawings and design documents.
- Preparation of Terms of References (ToR) for detailed designs for reconstruction/ rehabilitation of structures
- Prepare and maintain status reports for projects under implementation and completed ones.
- Participate in the evaluation of bids and make recommendations based on Technical specification as per invitation to bid requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc in Civil Engineering, BSC in Civil and building engineering or its equivalent, from a recognized university, Relevant post graduate qualifications an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in the relevant field of Civil Engineering, especially in preparation of construction, technical documentation, supervision, monitoring and evaluation.
- Professional licensure in areas of Civil Engineering.
- Experience in supervising medium to large-scale construction works, and rehabilitation of infrastructures.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the by-laws regulating the construction of public facilities, technical regulations, general and professional codes.
- Knowledge of design software such as AutoCAD, Archi-CAD or similar is an added advantage.
- Good communication and negotiation skills
How to Apply:
Applications with typed CVs, copies of academic transcripts & certificates should be sent to the address below:
Human Resource Manager.
Uganda Industrial Research Institute (UIRI)
P.O. Box 7086, Plot 42 Mukabya Rd, Nakawa Industrial Area
Dead line not later than 28th February 2022 at 5pm.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.