Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is a multi-billion dollar USAID funded program. The project is the primary vehicle through which USAID procures lifesaving commodities to partner countries. Supporting key global health initiatives in HIV/AIDS, HIV, reproductive health, maternal and child health and Zika, the project encompasses three primary objectives: global commodity procurement and logistics; systems strengthening to support in-country supply chain management; and collaboration via strategic engagement to improve long-term global supply of
GHSC-PSM seeks to recruit a full-time Clearance and Delivery officer to be stationed in Kampala and reporting directly to the Clearance and Delivery Specialist
The Clearance and Delivery (C&D) Officer will support activities targeted at improving customs clearance and delivery of goods procured by the Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Chain Management program in addition to providing day to day support related to customs clearance activities, monitoring deliveries and liaising with local partners to ensure objectives are met.
1. Work with the C&D Specialist to ensure timely submission of NDA application for Verification Certificates and waivers requests to Ministry of Health as well as obtaining approvals from the suppliers Local Technical Representatives
2. Ensure timely delivery of all required and approved clearing documents to the clearing agents the appointed 3PLcopies and the Deliver/Return team
3. Work with the C&D Specialist to review documentation prior to shipment to ensure
compliance with the purchase order as well as import/export requirements in the country of destination/origin.
4. Monitor and coordinate the relevant parties involved in clearance and receipt of goods to ensure coordinated delivery of goods by the shipping agents.
5. Verify the count and acceptability of received products once cleared from the customs and delivered to the warehouse prior to storage within warehouses
6. Participate in data entry and tracking of orders as well as shipments processes to ensure visibility including final delivery date visibility
7. Ensure that all records relating to a shipment are properly referenced and filed in a systematic manner
8. Identify special or reoccurring customs clearance and delivery problems and propose solutions to the Country team
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and experience:
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, procurement, Supply Chain, Business Administration or Pharmacy.
2. At least 3-year experience in international procurement, clearing and forwarding of health commodities.
3. Knowledge and understanding of the Uganda regulations on importation and customs clearance of Medical supplies
4. Strong teamwork and team-building skills
5. Demonstrated computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
6. Demonstrated administrative and coordination skills as well as attention to detail
7. Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
The Clearance and Delivery Officer will report to the Clearance and Delivery Specialist during the assignment.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit no later than 5pm on August 04, 2020. No telephone inquiries. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.