Under the ACESO, JMEDICC Fort Portal Sepsis project, you will seek to support the team in providing high-quality, compassionate clinical care to inpatients and outpatients presenting to adult medicine. You will desire to develop your nursing skills and upskill to a diploma or degree nurse in due course. The role will enable you to become an expert in nursing infection control, prevention practice, and environmental hygiene for the clinical environment. It will also allow you to obtain new skills in point of care ultrasound and higher-level clinical care.
- Offer routine clinical and nursing care to study patients and work collaboratively with the clinical and laboratory team members at Fort Portal.
- Actively participate in all Clinical and IPC drills on site as assigned /organized/ planned by the project.
- Provide safe inpatient care while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment as required.
- Participate in patient/healthcare worker safety activities, including environmental hygiene for patients suspected or confirmed to have a high consequence pathogen such as Viral Haemorrhagic Fever (VHF).
- Participate in VHF/ high consequence pathogen patient/ suspect triage/ screening and admission of suspect cases to the designated isolation area
- Willingness to participate in on-call, out-of-hours, and weekend work as required.
- Willingness to take on, and learn new clinical skills like Point of Care Ultrasound Scan and novel medical technologies like PhysIQ Biosensor and Tasso devices.
- Regular attendance of virtual and physical project meetings.
- Actively participate in all the in-house and Institutional scientific discussions like Journal clubs, Case conferences, and Research forums.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties in line with the project objectives as assigned.
- Certificate or diploma in nursing
- Understanding/Knowledge of IPC (Infection Prevention and Control) principles.
- Recent clinical experience working in clinical care essential
- Able to carry out duties independently after training.
- Good communication skills
- Demonstration of full understanding of team dynamics.
- Language skills in; Runyoro-Rutooro, Runyankole-Rukiga, Rukonzo
- A current resident of Fort Portal city or Kabarole district or surrounding areas.
- Flexibility in terms of roles carried out.