Type of Contract – Full-time Employee
Job Title – Communication and Public Relations Assistant
Level – Mid-Assistant level
Reports to – Communication and Public Relations Officer
Directly supervises – None
Duration – One-year renewable contract with 3 months’ probation
Location ROM Head Office Mbuya
The role will be responsible for assisting with the creation and implementation of public relations initiatives, concepts, promotional content and support Public Relations (PR) strategies.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Keep calendars (editorial, press conferences, events etc.) and media, & partner lists.
2. Support the Front Desk administration.
3. Participate in brainstorming and planning sessions and assist in organizing and execution of events, campaigns etc.
4. Draft and distribute content such as newsletters and releases, Annual Report, edit videos and presentations as assigned.
5. Support relations with stakeholders, media, vendors etc.
6. Assist in tracking media coverage or PR metrics (e.g. web analytics)
7. Undertake general administrative and clerical duties
8. Support and observe the safeguarding culture in the organization regularly documenting and reporting identified and potential safeguarding issues to the HR.
9. Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation, as you promote the vision, mission and the values of Reach Out Mbuya.
10. Any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- BA in Public Relations, Communications, International Relations/development, or a related field.
- years’ experience in related field or similar position
- Background in communications, media relations, and/or knowledge management preferred.
- Knowledge of graphics design, video production and editing, Computer savvy, experience with WordPress, working knowledge of databases and design software (e.g. Photoshop) is a plus.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- An analytical mind with attention to detail
- Creative problem-solver with an eye for good design; on the cutting edge of emerging media trends and technologies.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, including ability to juggle multiple tasks and respond rapidly to new events and competing priorities.
- Excellence in all MS Office Applications, particularly Word and PowerPoint & excel.
- Knowledge of social media
Send a cover letter and CV/resume with 3 professional referees in PDF format as one document. Both Cover letter and CV must not exceed 4 pages. Please send your application to the Human Resource Manager ROM through the Email: email@example.com not later than Sunday, 22 May 2022 at 5:00 PM (EAT). No need of attaching other documents at this level.
- ROM is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Any form of lobbying or canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Applications beyond the deadline will not be considered.