Join the team at the Embassy of Sweden in Uganda!
The Embassy of Sweden in Uganda is seeking applicants for the position of a locally employed Communications and Events Officer.
This part-time position will be based in Nakasero, Kampala. The jobholder will be a part of the Section for Political, Economic and Commercial Affairs.
The successful candidate will support Embassy operations on communication, public diplomacy, Sweden promotion and trade promotion. Strong coordination skills are essential, so is the ability to be a solid team player.
The ideal candidate is likely to have worked with communications, PR and/or events management for a large corporation, diplomatic mission or international development aid organization.
You may also like:
- African Union (AU) Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- USA Embassy Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- 10 Easiest Countries to Obtain a Work Visa
- UNDP Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- Conceptualize, coordinate and execute Embassy events and external activities, with the aim of supporting the successful realization of relevant Embassy strategies
- In collaboration with the Communication and Trade Promotion Officer and relevant Embassy sections, plan and create content for the Embassy’s social media channels
Essential Requirements and Skills
- University degree in business administration, economics, public relations, communications, political science or related field of studies
- At minimum of five years of relevant work experience (public diplomacy, coordination, communications, social media management, PR, events management)
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations of the Embassy of Sweden
- Motivation to promote Swedish policies and values
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office-package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks
- Self-driven, flexible, solutions-oriented including ability to organize and follow up own work
- Proactive and creative mind-set
Desired Requirements and Skills
- Advanced (graduate) university degree in business administration, economics, public relations, communications, political science or related field of studies
- Strong command of the Swedish language
- Work experience from diplomatic missions or large international aid organizations
- Photography skills
How to Apply
Interested persons can apply for this position by sending copies of their academic documents, resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submissions is 16 November at 23.00 PM EAT.
Kindly note that writing ‘Communications Officer 2023’ in the e-mail subject line is a requirement.
Applications must be complete and submitted in time to receive considerations, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.