Save the Children International is currently recruiting for the, Communications Content Officer at our field Office in Moroto. The Communications Content Officer is responsible for supporting team members in delivering information and content queries and requests. He/She will have to produce fundraising and campaign materials, creating facts, stats and case studies, producing photos and videos, editing b-rolls, creating share cards and social posts. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, social sciences or marketing.
- Enjoy working in a high paced environment with multiple projects and priorities able to deliver to tight deadlines
- 1-2 yrs minimum experience of working in content/marketing/communications
- Excellent skills in proactively researching, identifying and chasing strong story leads to deliver engaging new content
- Able to work independently and be able to take own initiative where required
- Experience of using Premiere or Avid to edit b-rolls/film content and editing photography in a professional setting
- Diplomacy and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills, ideally with experience of writing up interviews/case studies
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluency in English
- A commitment and passion to work within an NGO environment
- Commitment to the best practice in ethical and production values for content gathering – constantly seeing to improve standards
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and ability to ensure this continues to underpin all aspects of work
- Commitment to Save the Children’s child protection policy
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link **** indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on 22nd January 2021 at midnight Uganda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers/details?jid=57915