To collect, author, and upload of content and media to support the CURE kids program as well as other communications meant for use on the website, social media, and in print both for the MSC and in support of the local hospital’s marketing and donor support needs. The position is essentially the eyes and ears of CURE, documenting the lives of those the organization serves and the people serving them.
1. Document overall activity at the hospital by providing content for telling the CURE Story through articles, photo essays, videos, donor reports, and social media posts.
2. Provide quality content for the CURE kids program by creating CURE kids profiles and keeping all profile data updated with the most recent information.
3. Collaborate cross-departmentally at the local hospital for a variety of content regarding the child or child’s family that can be added in order to develop a holistic and robust story during their stay and updates for the future.
4. Identify and document compelling stories that communicate the overall experience of children who are undergoing treatment at a CURE hospital.
5. Collaborate with hospital senior management team to document hospital activities, news, events, and information for donor reporting, news/stories, website(s), mobile clinic
Marketing support function
1. Fulfill a supportive role in the marketing needs of the hospital with social media and public relations.
Internal communication support function
1. Fulfill a supportive role in the internal communications needs of the hospital.
2. Produce and deliver timely digital content to the MSC Communications Department for events.
3. Complete regular check-ins with the Executive Director and/or Spiritual Director at the local hospital in order to assess the hospital’s internal communications, marketing, and/or donor support needs.
4. Communicate with the Manager of Communications through regular teleconferences and email.
5. Provide communications support to the MSC Advancement team through donor “thank you” videos.
6. Be an active participant in helping to host and represent CURE to individuals who visit the hospital.
7. Assist in ensuring brand consistency throughout all CURE Uganda communication materials.
8. Work with Communications Manager to update CURE Uganda website page including updating news items, events, adverts etc.
9. Create, post and monitor content on CURE Uganda’s social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) Design or create Communication Materials including videos, brochures, flyers, press releases, etc.
10. Work as a link between CURE Uganda and Media Houses.
Spiritual Ministry participation
11. Participates in the hospital’s Spiritual Ministry programs
Occupation Health and Safety
1. All staff are expected to work in such a way that does not cause injury to themselves, other staff members or customers.
2. Following & complying with H&S policies, processes & applying them to their own work activities, including using/wearing Personal Protective Equipment as required.
3. Participating in activities directed at preventing harm & promoting well-being in the workplace Identifying, reporting & self-managing hazards where appropriate.
4. Early and accurate reporting of incidents at work and raising issues of concern when identified.
Other duties as assigned
1. This job description is not designed to cover the entire comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the co-worker for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
1. Other official related duties that may be assigned by Supervisor
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the co-worker for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Co-worker must perform other tasks, duties, and projects as assigned, as a member of the Human Resources team.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Photojournalism, Photography, Communications, Marketing or related degree, or equivalent amount of related experience.
2. Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience with photography, videography and photojournalism.
3. Experience with Internet social media tools including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, blogs, and email.
4. Experience using, or exposure to, Adobe Light room or related software.
5. Experience using, or exposure to, Mac OS X.
6. Previous experience serving overseas is preferred, but not required.
7. High degree of integrity and professional values.
8. Excellent communication and report writing skills
Professional Essential Skills
Knowledge to carry out the duties of the role. Ability to work in an accurate and consistent manner, utilizing systems and programs in the most efficient manner.
Accuracy, Ability to work on own initiative while remaining an effective member of a team. Demonstrate effective team skills Planning & Organizing, demonstrate flexibility and openness to change.
Maintaining structured systems, can multi-task, without losing focus Manages competing and changing priorities in line with the demands of the in-patient unit.
Maintains open communication with members of various levels of management.
Good teamwork and interpersonal skills. Good oral and written communication and presentation skills
High level planning and organizational skills including efficient and effective time management and the ability to prioritize tasks.
Attention to Details: Able to be alert in a high-risk environment; follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitor processes; concentrate on routine work details, and organize and maintain a system of records.
Communication Skills: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; listen well.
Flexibility: Able to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of new information; perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task; adapt to varying customer needs.
Initiative: Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances; prepare for problems or opportunities in advance; transform leads into productive outcomes; undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
Innovative/Innovation: Challenge conventional practices; adapt established methods for new uses; pursue ongoing system improvement; work with concepts and ideas to create novel solutions to problems; evaluate new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
Essential Experience and knowledge
1. Passionate about the mission of CURE.
2. Love for children and their families.
3. Comfortable working in a medical setting.
4. Advanced photography and video competence regarding DSLR cameras, lighting, composition, editing, etc.
5. Excellent ability to write and communicate in short-form for a western audience.
6. Written and spoken fluency with the English language.
7. Experience of working with MS Packages – Word/Excel/PowerPoint/ Access.
8. Experience working in a Hospital environment.
Essential personal attributes and aptitudes
1. Demonstrate good command of the English language both written and verbal to effectively carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role.
2. Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively, with compassion and empathy with patients and their families.
3. Display awareness and appreciation of the service users
4. Ability to communicate at all levels.
5. Draws on a variety of communication methods to fit situation/circumstances
6. Listens openly, using questions to check for understanding/avoid misinterpretation
7. Strong ability to learn CCHU Services, Core Values & Ethos.
8. Willingness and ability to adopt new knowledge and research procedures
9. Flexible attitude to duties and to hours of work with ability to remain calm under pressure
10. Highly organized and meticulous
How to apply
Applicants must submit their documents as a single combined pdf file including: a cover letter, resume, salary history, and a current practicing License with the Allied Health Professionals Council, and references to the Human Resource Manager, P.O. Box 903, Mbale or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or Hand delivers to CURE Children’s Hospital, Plot 97-103 Bugwere Road, Mbale.
Further information may be obtained by calling 0778832854/0454-43527320.
The deadline for receipt of all applications is June 30, 2022.