Sasakawa Africa Association Uganda (SAA) is looking for a dynamic, proactive Communications Officer who can work independently while also working as part of a team to deliver high quality results to enhance SAA’s work and raise its profile. He/she must be able to use modern technologies and social networks to communicate in real time the core achievements of the Country program. In consultation with the Country Team, he/she must ensure the overall planning, implementation, coordination, supervision and reporting of communication activities at the national level.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develop a Country Communication strategy
• Raise the profile of SAA country program through strategic communication of her activities and accomplishments.
• Use SAA’s branding to improve its visibility as an International NGO to donors and strategic partnerships.
• In collaboration with the Country Team, organize and coordinate agriculture field and media days with appropriate documentation, reporting and follow-up.
• Working with the Country Director and in collaboration with the Regional communications office to coordinate the organization’s public relations engagements; and regularly update social media platforms with up-todate, accurate and quality information in accordance with SAA communications guidelines.
• Develop and consolidate strong media networks to increase outreach with key partners, policy makers, donors, and other stakeholders.
• Manage and maintain a progressive database of partners, collaborators, service providers and associates by collaborating with the Administration office.
• Identify communication gaps, and develop and conduct communications trainings for technical and field staff
• Manage organisation key events and any other PR functions
Academic Qualifications and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, public relations, Information technology and any other related field. A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
• At least 3 years’ experience in communications and media relations preferably in development programmes
• Candidates should have strong written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of various media applications and channels of communication
• Practical skills in Photography
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to write policy briefs as well as publishing in journals
How to apply
Send by E-mail only: An Application letter, a two-paged CV and scanned copies of ONLY Relevant academic credentials not later than October 15th 2021 to: