Qualifications and Competencies
- A PhD in Agriculture, Agronomy, Land use and Land Management, Environmental Resource Management, Ecology, or similar.
- Knowledge of and experience working with livestock farming systems and especially manure management in Uganda.
- Good knowledge of processes leading to GHG emissions from soils and manure and understand their drivers and constraints.
- Reliable, diligent, flexible and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with the Open Data Kit (ODK) for household surveys.
- Proficiency in statistical software such as SPSS and R.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel for data entry and knowledge of common practices of data quality control and data quality assurance.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken in English and have published first-author papers in peer-reviewed journals.
- Ability to speak a local language
How to apply
Applicants are invited to visit http://ciat.cgiar.org/ciat-jobs to get full details of the assignment and to submit their applications as per the details requested in the scope of proposal below not later than 15th January 2021. Applications should cite reference number BVI-UGA-03 Consultant as the position applied for. Applications should be saved as one document using the candidate’s last name, first name for ease of sorting.