Background (About Welthungerhilfe)
Welthungerhilfe (WHH), founded in 1962, is one of the biggest Non-Governmental Aid and development agencies in Germany today.
In Uganda since 1985, with a coordination Country Office located in Kampala, currently implements projects in the districts of Moroto, Napak, Nakapiripirit, Yumbe, Arua, Kabarole, Katakwi and Amuria, and supports others through partners, in Mukono,Wakiso and Kasese.
WHH campaigns against worldwide hunger and for sustainable food and nutrition security by promoting site-appropriate farming, establishing access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene, improving healthcare and education for people living in rural areas, as well as economic development and promoting skills development for youth. In Karamoja Sub Region (North-Eastern Uganda).
With financial support from the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), WHH is implementing a three-year project (2019-2021) titled Protection and Preservation of Lokere Catchment to improve Living Conditions in Karamoja/Uganda in Karamoja (Moroto and Napak Districts) and with local partners in Uganda. The project aims to improve the livelihoods of the agro-pastoralist populations of Karamoja through appropriate management of natural resources, starting with the upper Lokere Water Catchment area.
You may also like :
- United Nations recruitment 2023/2024 Online application form
- IOM Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Coca-Cola Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
In line with Lokere Water Catchment Management Plan developed by the Ministry of Water and Environment, the project is focusing on two key result areas;
- Promotion of favourable framework conditions and strengthening of the most important institutions and stakeholders at micro, meso (sub catchment) and macro (catchment) levels
- Piloting protection and conservation measures
To achieve the above, the project intends to:
- Strengthen important institutions and stakeholders at micro, meso, and macro levels.
- Pilot protection and conservation measures as per Lokere CMP.
- Increase water access and sanitation facilities for underserved communities.
- Improve livelihoods and living conditions of the most vulnerable.
As part of its implementation process under result area 1, the project intends to build the capacity of Lokere Catchment Management Committee (CMC) and Nangolol Apolon, Omaniman and Kapir-Kokorio Sub Catchment Management Committees (SCMCs) by training them on Resource Mobilisation (including Project Proposal Writing and Budgeting). The training will target a total of 80 participants.
Against this background and through the above project, Welthungerhilfe seeks the consultancy services of a qualified Consultant to conduct the above activity.
- Train Lokere Catchment and Sub Catchment Management Committees on resource mobilization (concept notes and proposal writing and budgeting)
- Propose key areas for follow up
The development of Lokere sub-catchment management plans is part of capacity building of stakeholders, a critical step in contributing to the implementing of protection and conservation measures at all levels. The consultancy team(s) will employ a participatory process in the training of the catchment and sub catchment management committees. The process should take into consideration gender inclusiveness and integration of local knowledge and science.
Time frame: The consultancy process is expected to start in late November 2021 or as advised Geographical area: The training shall be conducted in Moroto and Soroti Districts or as advised
- Generate a proposal detailing the methodology and topics of the training and budget
- Design a detailed training program
- Provide the training content (topics) and other necessary material(s)
- Provide a sufficient number of qualified trainers
- Be ready to adapt the training program in case of need
Key activity deliverables and schedule
The consultant(s) will be expected to achieve the following outputs
- A debriefing meeting to present the proposal, methodology, key activities, outputs, budget and the training schedule before the commencement of the training
- Training of the Catchment management committees
- Draft Report by end of the training period or at a stated date
- Final report in soft copy after incorporating feedback within one week following completion of the process
- All photo files
Qualifications and required Competencies
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Financial Management, Business Administration
- 3 years’ experience in related assignments
- Broad understanding of proposal design, development, planning, budgeting, project implementation etc.
Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to amend the scope of the TOR, especially if there is need.
How to Apply
Please upload your proposal on the eTender Portal as one PDF file containing a one pager cover letter, your CV(s) and a description of your proposed work approach in PDF format (which must include: the methodology, proposed schedule, technical and financial proposals). Follow the link below to accept and submit response.
Ref: RFT 282443 UGA 1080/045/2021
Applicant should attach legal operation documents, submit signed and stamped proposal. (For individual applicants, a National ID should be attached.
Hard copies and email submissions will not be considered. Please upload your offer online. Only shortlisted Consultants will be contacted.
How to access e-Tender system by first time users: click on the link to tender you are interested in: see link above.
Go to: New Supplier Registration. Fill in the form and save- if Completed. >Back to Login >Put the correct password you have registered.>Accept terms & Conditions>Then click Public RFT and select your RFT of interest, then click Access documents – you will be able to download. To submit: Follow the same link and Go to My Response Submit response>