Are you seeking a position where you can make a Kingdom impact? We are looking for a Country Administrator in Uganda. This opportunity will allow you to provide oversight and leadership in the administration of the following areas: Children’s Heart Project, Mission Aviation Services, and regional procurement. You will work closely with the Program Director for Mission Aviation Services, with the Director for Children’s Heart Project, and with the Regional Security Manger while managing your own team. Join Samaritan’s Purse and use your skills and passion to make an impact with an eternal purpose!
A day in the life of an Country Administrator:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Country Administrator, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him.
- Act as the point of contact for Samaritan’s Purse operations in Uganda.
- Support Children’s Heart Project, Mission Aviation Services, and field offices in South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of the Congo in their administrative, financial, and operational needs.
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse and liaise with local counsel, government officials, financial institutions, hospital administrators, medical providers, donors, churches, other NGOs, and visitors.
- Provide spiritual and professional leadership to staff including vision casting, troubleshooting, advising, improving of systems, leading morning devotions, coaching, and encouraging good relationships and communication between staff members.
- Work closely with the Regional Security Manager to stay abreast of the current security situation in-country and take any necessary actions.
- All other duties as assigned.
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and at least five (5) years of management experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different ethnic, linguistic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Proven management and leadership experience. Able to coach and mentor others.
- Desires to help lead people to knowledge of Jesus Christ that transforms situations.
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies; if not already completed, opportunity to meet and complete requirement is available upon hire.=
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Accompaniment: Family accompanied
Travel Expectations: Ability to travel to field sites which could include disaster areas. Maintaining required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
How to Apply
Our Mission: Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This is not just a job. It’s a calling, it’s a ministry, and it is your opportunity to begin a life-changing career.
**All applications should be submitted in English**