The Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is an indigenous medical organization that was established in 1991 as a Limited Liability not-for-profit Joint-venture between the Uganda Ministry of Health (MoH), Ministry of Defense and Makerere University Medical School (now Makerere College of Health Sciences). The Centre was established to respond and provide a scientific approach to the national HIV&AIDS challenge.
Vacancies at JCRC exist for well-qualified and experienced persons to be filled as indicated below;
Position: Data Clerk
Reports technically to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reports functionally to: Facility in-charge
Number of positions: 11
The Data clerk performs under the leadership of the health unit in-charge. Working as part of the facility team, s/he will assist, in the implementation of strong data quality maintenance systems of the health unit. The Data clerk will work to promote quality data standards at all points of service delivery and ensuring the generation and submission of accurate, timely, complete, reliable and valid data while exercising integrity.
Core duties and responsibilities:
• Liaise with the different units in–charges of several service delivery points to ensure completeness of data on the patient files, the registers (ANC, Maternity, Post-natal, Exposed Infant Register, HCT register, Laboratory registers, SMC registers, Nutrition, TB registers, Pre-ART and ART registers, Family Planning Register, Child Register, KP/PP register) are complete.
• Working with different health unit’s departments in ensuring that timely, accurate, complete and valid data is generated from the respective registers and is submitted to MoH and PEPFAR systems by verifying all data before submission.
• Receiving and dealing with enquiries and requests relating to data needs
• Update national EMR system from the paper-based patient’s records
• Update, maintain and retrieve data held on all computerized HIV/AIDS patient level and reporting systems
• Managing and maintaining the electronic data systems which include and not limited to EMR, DHIS2, KP/PP tracker, HIBRID by ensuring systems are updated with the most current data
• Maintains hardcopy and electronic data files and reports in compliance with the program regulations.
• Maintains the highest standards of data quality by comparing the data entered with source documents, or re-enters verified data.
• Undertake to enter and clean all the program data entered into the database in line with the guidelines/principles as detailed in data entry protocols
• Utilizes computerized data entry equipment and file maintenance programs to enter, store and/or retrieve information as requested or otherwise necessary, and summarizes data in preparation of standardized reports.
• Participate in the facility quality improvement activities which may include collecting/summarizing data and analyzing to inform progress off quality improvement interventions.
• Analyze the monthly summary statistics for key program indicators and compile reports for distribution to inform QI team at health facility
• Assist health care workers at the designated facilities in data quality assurance as stipulated in the standard operating procedures and job aides
• Ensures that patient level data is securely and regularly backed up, both at the site and off site.
Required qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative economics, Population Studies/Demography, or other related field.
• Experience working in data management for MOH and PEPFAR systems
• Practical experience in working with government of Uganda health information systems
• Knowledge of medical records management procedures
• Good working knowledge of computer with ability to operate various Microsoft word- processing software, spreadsheets
• Team player with good interpersonal relationships and tolerance to socio-cultural differences.
• Efficient and effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills; ability to follow instructions provided in verbal or written format.
• Ability to multi-task effectively and adhere to timelines.
• Good numeracy skills. Attention to detail and enjoy alphanumeric data entry.
• Experience in handling collecting, collating and managing numerical data
How to apply
All applications must be addressed to: Manager Human Resource & Development, Joint Clinical Research Centre strictly by email: email@example.com: The application deadline is Monday 11th Oct, 2021.
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.