JOB TITLE: DATA ENGINEER (1 Position)
REPORTS TO: DATA SCIENCE MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: TECHNOLOGY AND ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS
JOB GRADE: D2
This role is responsible for finding trends in data sets and developing algorithms to help make raw data more useful to the enterprise and designing the emerging technology architecture and infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modelling
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Building analytical tools to utilize the data pipeline, providing actionable insight into key business performance metrics including operational efficiency and customer acquisition.
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects.
- Working with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to support their data infrastructure needs while assisting with data-related technical issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Software engineering, Data science, or any other highly numerical and analytical field.
- Formal Certification in Data Engineering, Data Science, Big Data or Data Analytics, Robotics.
At least 5 years of working experience in Robotics, Data Science and Analytics, building data systems and infrastructure, in a fast-paced environment, preferably in the financial industry.
- Advanced Coding (python, R, etc.)
- Data Engineering, Data Science (RPA, AI/ML modelling techniques, etc.)
- Building Databases, Data lakes, Data warehouses, etc.
- Commitment & Integrity
- Proactivity & Innovation
- Collaboration & stakeholder management
- Critical Thinking & Problem Analysis
- Project Management
Interested individuals should click https://forms.office.com/r/qWs40Z9CW9 to fill out the application form and also send copies of their application letter, curriculum vitae and academic qualifications, addressed to the Chief of People and Culture to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 15th September 2022.
Women are encouraged to apply. Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to the automatic disqualification of the candidate.