Ministry/Department- Ministry of Science Technology and Innovation
Post- DATA MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Reference- HRM 147/286/01
Minimum Age- 21
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology; or Information Science/Systems; or Library; or Information Science; or Statistics; or Mathematics; or Physics; or Electrical/Electronic Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Information Communication Technology Officer-Data Base for performing the following duties:-
– Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act;
– Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (‘metadata’);
– Monitoring database performance, tuning, and problem resolution;
– Reorganizing database structures as needed and initiating vendor support;
– Attending to users’ access requirements and resolving their problems;
– Developing and applying procedures relating to database and application security;
– Monitoring and running end of day operations;
– Providing assistance in database design, and standards and recommending optimal design criteria;
– Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.