IDI recently received a five-year transition award entitled USAID Local Partner Health Services-TB Activity. The purpose of the Award is to increase TB case detection and treatment success in Uganda to 90% of all cases and thus contribute to a substantial reduction of Uganda’s TB burden by 2026. IDI works through technical assistance to the national TB Program, the three districts of Kampala, Mukono and Wakiso, the National Referral Hospital and six Regional Referral Hospitals to increase the availability, accessibility and utilization of integrated TB/HIV and MDR-TB services.
The data officer will provide ongoing technical assistance to the project, district and facility teams in the recording and management of national and project-related data in line with current national guidelines. S/he will also assist the MEL Officer in the entry, cleaning and analysis of data captured by the Project MIS.
- Mentor health facility staff in documentation in to appropriate national HMIS tools.
- Ensure completeness, consistency and accuracy of data captured into the HMIS tools
- Collaborate with regional partners in the district to ensure the availability of TB HMIS tools in all supported sites
- Provide forecast to avoid stockouts of HMIS tools for all health facilities under his/her charge
- Support facility staff in the timely compilation of the routine HMIS reports (weekly, monthly and quarterly)
- Provide direct support to project-supported sites in reporting to DHIS2 and reporting data from community TB activities
- accurate and timely TB services reports
- Support facility teams in the timely update of the electronic Case Based Surveillance system for TB (eCBSS) to ensure its functionality.
- Support data use both at site/hospital and project level, including activities related to performance review meetings
- Support health facility staff in producing data summaries that in form continuous quality improvement initiatives in TB programming.
- Participate in the analysis and interpretation of data
- Provide occasional support to other health facilities in the Kampala and Mukono district areas as instructed by the supervisor
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
- Degree in any data management-related field.
- Data analytics and presentation skills using Microsoft Office Suite; particularly MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Experience in TB HMIS data management at the health facility level.
- Experience in the navigation of DHIS2 and USAID PEPFAR data management requirements.
- Previous experience in supporting TB and TB/HIV district-level data management tasks is an added advantage
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills