Through funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Jhpiego is implementing the project, ‘Enhancing Global Health Security: Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health Globally’. This award builds on ongoing CDC funded investments to support the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) through implementation of programs focused on protecting and improving health globally. Through this grant, Jhpiego will support Uganda to strengthen surveillance data managing creating a centralized data warehousing, analysis and visualization at designate national and sub-national levels, develop policies, procedures and relevant MoUs for surveillance systems integration, and implement targeted capacity building to data end-users on how to think about data.
At the end of the project life, CDC and MOH expect centrally available timely data for public health action, improved data access and exchange between systems across the country and a resilient data-intelligent workforce.
You may also like :
- United Nations recruitment 2023/2024 Online application form
- IOM Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Coca-Cola Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
The Data Warehouse Developers will lead the development of data pipelines and scripts to feed into the Data Warehouse. The data sources will include data from surveillance teams, regional referrals and other health information systems.
This is a contract position and is renewable annually based on availability of funding and scope of work.
- Design, develop and modify relational and multidimensional database structures, relationships, data pipelines and data interfaces within the data warehouse as needed.
- Analyze and modify the data structures within the data warehouse to adapt them to the project’s needs and add enhanced functionality.
- Implement ETL processes to extract, transform, and load data from various sources into the data warehouse.
- Create and maintain database structures to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues related to data infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain data models that support the reporting and analysis needs of the project.
- Optimize data warehouse performance through index creation, query optimization, and database tuning.
- Implement data security measures to ensure data privacy and confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain documentation of the data warehouse and its processes.
- Collaborate with other developers, analysts, and business users to identify data requirements and design solutions to meet those requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems or related field
- Relevant certificates in computer programming and software development
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in data engineering / development
- 3+ years of experience in database warehouse development.
Expereince and Skills:
- Experience with big data technologies such as Apache Spark, Kafka, and Hadoop is an added advantage
- Experience with ETL tools such as Pentaho , Talend, Informatica or SSIS
- Experience with database technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, or PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with large scalable data sets in both structured and non-structured data.
- Strong programming skills in Java, Python, or Scala is an added advantage.
- Development and designs of APIs
- Experience working with JasperReports is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to function on a high-performing team.
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts such as dimensional modeling and star schemas.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at www.jhpiego.org/careers
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, and references.