Starting date: 02/05/2022
Period: 1 year
Reporting to: 1°- Chief of Party; 2° – Country Representative
Deputize the chief of party in providing the field-based leadership to the IKEA funded Sustainable Market Inclusive Livelihood Pathways to Self-Reliance (SMILES) project team and overseeing all aspects of the AVSI Consortium’s program design and implementation of the IKEA anchor program. Guarantee the adoption of AVSI’s method and values in providing the field-base leadership in full respect of donor’s requirements.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party, ensure high-quality programming through technical guidance and support that is grounded in the IKEA anchor program’s strategic objectives and adheres to expected technical quality and reporting requirements;
- Deliver on all planning requirements including production of work plan for the anchor program’s co-creation phase and reporting to the donor, using a collaborative approach that engages staff and partners;
- Liaise with key stakeholders including IKEA, UNHCR and GOU OPM;
- Respond to donor and stakeholder requests for communication in a timely and professional manner, coaching, where applicable, senior-level team members to support in these tasks;
- Ensure the maintenance of a harmonious and constructive relationship with all major stakeholders in the program and in the policy environment including IKEA, UNHCR OPM, and other implementing and operational partners
- Provide leadership and motivation to the Reference Group team and staff, including supporting the project’s adaptive management and continuous learning processes;
- Manage and supervise the Reference Group staff, in coordination with the Chief of Party;
- Supervise the implementation of capacity building initiatives for the staff in consistency with the anchor program’s technical standards;
- Develop plans and reports in line with timelines agreed with the Chief of Party;
- Participate in proposal development initiatives;
- Participate in the AVSI program support initiatives as requested by the Director of Programs and or Country Representative;
- Represent AVSI in other official meetings;
- Perform other duties within area of responsibility, as requested by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in international development, human rights, business, economics, public health or other relevant field,
- Minimum of 10 years implementing complex development programs, graduation, business start-up or Market Systems Development in developing countries.
- At least 10 years of experience working in Uganda or similar contexts working across the humanitarian, development and peace (HDP) nexus in programme formulation and implementation and supporting capacity building and preparedness programming for livelihoods
- At least 7 years’ experience in senior management positions involving staff supervision, project implementation on donor funded development projects with added advantage for IKEA Foundation in refugee or displacement contexts
- Demonstrable experience regularly leading project designs, utilizing professional design thinking; experience working for a professional design firm preferred.
- Experience working with and coordinating with large networks of agencies and individuals
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following: livelihood, rural development, food security programming, environment, energy and climate change, and market systems development, and/or natural resources management.
Required skills and experiences:
- Program management
- Gender Equity and Diversity
- Partnership and consortium management
- Networking and collaboration
How to Apply
Go to our website and apply: https://www.avsi.org/en/vacancy/2022/03/27/deputy-chief-of-party/133/