Job Title: Director Finance and Administration – 1 Vacancy
Reports to: Executive Director
You may also like :
- United Nations recruitment 2023/2024 Online application form
- IOM Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Coca-Cola Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
The Director Finance and Administration (DFA) will be responsible for providing strategic coordination and leadership in the implementation of appropriate systems for the management of the Authority’s Accounts, Human Resource, Administration and Information Technology. He/She will also support implementation of effective risk and public sector financial management.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the implementation of the Authority’s policies and procedures on Public Financial Management;
- Strengthening appropriate accounting procedures, controls and Risk Management Systems;
- Development and maintenance of the necessary systems to safeguard the assets and financial operations of the Authority;
- Ensuring availability, effective utilisation and accountability of funds;
- Support the preparation of detailed Financial Plans for Free Zones Projects;
- Ensure proper Monitoring of NTR systems, prompt billing, collection and accountability;
- Support the carrying out of financial due diligence on prospective Investors in Free Zones;
- Support the preparation of budgets in conjunction with the Planning Unit;
- Oversee the Human Resource and the administrative function of the Authority;
- Provide oversight to the Information Communication Technology function.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Innovative with a proven high level of integrity;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Proficiency in the relevant computer packages;
- Self-motivation and ability to work under tight deadlines in a competitive environment
- Budgeting (including Budget Planning)
- Risk Management
- An honours bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration or any other related field majoring in Accounting from an internationally recognised Institution;
- A master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Management majoring in Accounting from an internationally recognised University;
- Should have a professional qualification in either ACCA, CIPFA, CPA or equivalent;
- Must be a Member of ICPAU.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant working experience, 5 (five) of which should be at a management level in government or a reputable Public Institution.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a leadership role with a proven record of integrity
HOW TO APPLY
All candidates who are suitably qualified should send their applications together with a comprehensive curriculum Vitae with daytime contact details and three (3) referees and their full contact addresses, copies of academic testimonials and certificates as well as other relevant professional credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application and all attachments should be sent as one file in PDF format properly labelled with the Applicants name.
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 16th June 2023 at 5.30 p.m. Only applications sent by email will be considered.
Successful candidates shall be offered contracts subject to the rationalisation guidelines of Government.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
Uganda Free Zones Authority,
6th Floor, Communications House
Plot 1, Colville Street,
P.O. Box 37578,
UFZA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and gender equality. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and applications received after the closing date will not be considered.