Duty Station: Determined based on business needs, Uganda
Reports to: Area Sales Manager or Regional Sales Manager
Start Date: mid-August 2020 or earlier
Uzima Chicken Uganda is a social enterprise focused on making smallholder farmers healthier and wealthier. Uzima Chicken distributes an improved breed chicken that is 4x more productive than local breeds in terms of egg and meat production, while requiring the same level of management and care as the local chicken. Rearing a flock of 10 improved breed chickens can generate a 270,000 UGX net profit uplift for a smallholder family. With Uzima’s bird, rural households in Uganda can build income resilience, confidently pay for their children’s school fees, and introduce larger volumes of animal protein into their daily diets.
Uzima Chicken seeks to reach every rural household by 2025 and aims to be the leading smallholder-focused poultry enterprise in East Africa. In the past 2 years of operations, Uzima Chicken has attracted investments from the AgDevCo and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Job Summary: We are looking for 15 District Coordinators (DC) who will be primarily responsible for helping Uzima Chicken find the market for brooded (month-old) SASSO birds and build out a market linkage network in their respective districts. The District Coordinators will ensure consistent growth in orders collected from smallholder farmers in their respective communities while following Uzima Chicken’s organisational policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Passionate about positively impacting smallholder farmers in rural areas
- Diploma / degree in related fields (e.g., Agribusiness, Agriculture, Animal Production) OR 2+ years of field experience in the poultry business or any related field activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (local language; English is a plus)
- Organized and able to keep clear / accurate sales records
- Carries a positive, inspirational attitude while working under pressure
- Demonstrates ability to lead, coach, and manage people (particularly farmers / VAs)
- Ability to work independently with limited follow up
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Strong work ethics
- Strong coordination skills
How to apply
All interested candidates who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their CV, Cover letter and Academic credentials on; email@example.com while clearly stating their salary expectations. Use subject line: Application for District Coordinator
Note: All shortlisted candidates will be required to respond to our short questionnaire.
Deadline: 10th August 2020 (Applications will be received on a rolling basis.)