Position Title: Driver
Supervisor: Procurement & Logistics Officer
Contract Type: Fulltime (2 Years renewable based on performance & availability of Funds)
Location: Kampala, Uganda (with up to 60% travel to the field)
As the Driver, you will be responsible for driving vehicles to support program implementation and general operations. In addition, you will be responsible for maintaining a fleet of vehicles in accordance with HFHU regulations.
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks:
Transportation & Safety
- Transport HFHU staff and visitors as instructed.
- Ensure safety of passengers & luggage at all times.
- Observe speed limits and all HFHU travel guidelines.
- Ensure use of seat belts at all times.
- Maintain vehicles allocated in sound mechanical condition.
- Ensure washing & general cleaning of vehicles is maintained.
- Ensure that vehicles are fueled and serviced promptly.
- Report any faults/breakdowns & accidents immediately to the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Ensure First Aid Kits are complete and spare & tools are in allocated vehicle.
- Ensure that vehicle tools are always kept in allocated vehicle.
- Ensure that all vehicles have log sheets and pens.
- Maintain accurate vehicle records to ensure that all trips, fuel fill-ups, time and mileage readings are recorded.
- Ensure fuel fill ups entry is made in the log sheet timely.
- Ensure vehicle request forms are filled and submitted for travel allocation to the Procurement and Logistics Officers.
- Submit all vehicle log sheets on a monthly basis to the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Ensure to check vehicle on daily basis and submit check list report to Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Submit field trip report after every trip to the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Submit vehicle repair reports to the Procurement and Logistics Officer every time before and after repairs
- Running other office errands
Check on vehicle comprehensive and 3rd party insurance
- Ensure that vehicle comprehensive and 3rd party insurance is valid.
- Inform Procurement and Logistics Officer 3 weeks in advance of renewals.
- Perform minor repairs as required and recommend major cases to the garage.
- Road test and certify all vehicles from the garages.
Any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Education and Experience:
- O’ Level Education or equivalent
- Clean class B and/or DM Driver’s licence;
- Valid Defensive Driver’s certificate,
- At least 3 years’ class B and/or DM driving proven experience;
- At least two years of NGO experience is required.
- At least two year’s relevant experience in the field
- Ability to work with a team of multicultural backgrounds
- Strong understanding of vehicle mechanics, maintenance and management
- No criminal record
· Open and willing to learn
· Honest and ethical
· Experience in customer care
· Well organized with ability to follow oral instructions
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Great command of the English language
Key Working Relationships
Internal: All Staff
External: Visitors, Suppliers, Various Stakeholders
How to apply
To apply for this position, applicants should submit copies of: Cover letter and CV ONLY as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday 31st May 2022, at 5:00pm.
Clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line