Position Title: Driver/Logistician – Kotido (2 positions)
CCP Position Driver II
CCP Grade 2
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
DAI seeks a Driver/Logistician for a five-year (2019-2024), US$27 million USAID-funded agriculture intervention. The Feed the Future Uganda Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity (FtF IAM) works with agro-industry/agribusiness firms, Government of Uganda institutions and agencies, and market actor organizations on creating efficiencies in cross-market functions that enhance systemic changes to sustainably increase incomes and improve the livelihoods of households through agriculture-led inclusive economic growth. The Activity contributes to the Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) Uganda Country Plan goal of reducing hunger, malnutrition, and poverty, as well as the USAID/Uganda Country Development Cooperation Strategy’s (CDCS) 2016-2021 five-year goal of strengthening Uganda’s systems to accelerate inclusive education, health, and economic outcomes. The Activity works throughout the FtF Uganda Zone of Influence (ZOI), which covers 38 districts spread across three regions of Uganda.
• Responsible for vehicle maintenance including regular check-ups, cleanings, and fueling.
• Maintain an accurate vehicle log.
• Manage vehicle and trip scheduling, as needed.
• Manage local servicing and repairs, and annual maintenance of vehicles.
• Maintain accurate records and paperwork on all vehicle-related purchases and maintenance.
• Provide safe transportation to and from locations for project staff.
• Ensure compliance with all DAI and local driving laws and regulations.
• Assist the Kotido office with daily office functions.
• Assist in coordinating logistical and administrative support.
• Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Admin & Logistics
• Excellent driving record.
• Valid local driver’s license.
• At least 5 years’ work experience as a driver.
• Previous USAID or other donor-funded project experience, a plus.
• Basic knowledge of English.
The Driver/Logistician will have no supervisory responsibilities.
Base of Operations: Kotido, Uganda
The Driver/Logistician will report to the Finance and Logistics Officer.
DAI is requiring all staff to be vaccinated for COVID-19 if they wish to access DAI offices; participate in in-person meetings with staff, customers, or stakeholders; or travel on DAI business.
How to apply
Please send your CV and letter of interest to IAMrecruitment@dai.com with “Driver/Logistician” in the subject line by February 27, 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No phone inquiries, please.
NOTE: The above position is contingent upon additional funding.