Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of the Strengthening Systems and Public Accountability (SSPA) Activity is to improve service delivery through strengthened accountability, deepened public participation and oversight, and reduced corruption within Uganda’s public service sectors. The three main objectives of the Activity are: i) Increased citizen voice, coalition building, and engagement with government to reduce corruption; ii) Strengthened local government systems and practices for improved public accountability; and iii) Improved key systems, practices, standards and norms of targeted national anti-corruption and accountability institutions. The activity will pilot creative approaches to curb corruption in targeted sectors, including the extractive industry, refugee response, education funding, and countering wildlife crime. SSPA will work across Uganda, including Kampala, Northern Uganda and the Albertine region.
You may also like :
- United Nations recruitment 2023/2024 Online application form
- IOM Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Coca-Cola Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
**Please note: Only Ugandan citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Driver will be responsible for safe and effective transport for SSPA staff and consultants. This position will be based in Kampala with extensive travel within Kampala and to/from Arua and Hoima as well. The Driver will report to SSPA Office Manager with oversight from the Director of Finance and Administration as well.
- Drive SSPA 4-wheel drive vehicles on all terrains.
- Transport SSPA staff and consultants.
- Ensure cleanliness of vehicle(s) and verify that the vehicle is in good condition before use on a daily basis.
- Conduct periodic checks on vehicle(s) to determine maintenance needs, report, and address accordingly.
- Drive carefully and ensure safety of the passengers, other drivers, and the assigned vehicle.
- Travel to regions in Uganda on mission trips with possible overnight stays.
- Maintain up to date vehicle mileage log, inform responsible staff of vehicle tags and insurance renewal.
- Record costs of vehicle fuel and services.
- Ensure all vehicle reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned in the office by the immediate supervisor when not undertaking travel requests.
- No formal education required.
- Minimum of five years of driving experience in short and long-distance routes in Uganda is required.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record is required.
- Experience managing short turnaround travel requests is required.
- Ability to undertake travel requests with minimum supervision is required.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communications skills is required.
- Experience providing driver services on USAID/USG funded projects is preferred.
- Fluency in English is required.