War Child Holland (WCH) is an international NGO investing in a peaceful future for children and youth affected by armed conflict. WCH has been working in Uganda since 2004.
WCH is looking for hardworking and enthusiastic person to fill the following position below;
DRIVER (1 Position – Kyangwali) .
Key Responsibilities are as follows:
• Safely transport War Child personnel, guests and goods;
• Run office errands (payment of bills, shopping, etc.)
• Keep the vehicle in good mechanical condition.
• Daily maintenance of the War Child vehicles i.e. routine check of engine oil, window wiper, radiator, air pressure of tires, brake fluid, fastening of battery terminal, oil leakage under car, and ensure its cleanliness both inside and outside;
• Notify timely of any repair or regular maintenance required to the vehicle;
• Ensures proper documentation such as insurance, logbook, consent forms, is used etc.
• Monitor the use of vehicles and fuel consumption through analysis of log books monthly.
• Fill in the logbook accurately after every trip.
• Fully obey the driving laws of the country.
• Should have at least attained a secondary school education
• A Diploma/Certificate in driving is a MUST.
• MUST have a valid driving license expiring not less than 6 months from application time.
• MUST have a DL driving class plus B,CM.
• Ability to write and speak English and any of the local languages in South West.
• Knowledge in motor mechanics.
• Should have an understanding of Child Safety and have clean criminal record.
• Experience working with an INGO is an added advantage
• Be a resident from within or around Kyangwali.
• Be a child friendly person and act in the best interest of a child
How to apply
Online applications can be found following the link below; https://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/job/133208
For Hand deliver, take to: WAR CHILD HOLLAND OFFICE-KYANGWALI- NEAR CARE AND LWF and clearly mark the envelop ‘Application for Driver- War Child Holland’.
1. Copy of a Valid driving licence with DL, CM and B classes
2. Copy of National ID
3. Recommendation letter from LC1 chairman
While we thank all applicants for their interest in working with WCH, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
“Commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in Uganda, including adherence to the Child Safety Policy, is essential”