The USAID Feed the Future Uganda Institutional and Systems Strengthening (ISS) Activity is a five-year Activity implemented by Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. The goal of the Activity is for key national level Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) and industry apex organizations (IAOs) that are vital to driving inclusive agriculture-led economic growth to fulfill their mandate, leading to pathways to prosperity, improved resilience, and better nutrition for the people of Uganda. The purpose of the Activity is to improve the performance and structures of MDAs and IAOs. This purpose will be achieved through the following four objectives: (1) Improve the internal processes of selected MDAs and IAOs, making them more responsive to the needs of their consumers, members, and the general public; (2) Improve the policy framework that supports the functionality of selected MDAs and IAOs; (3) Strengthen key capacity elements of select MDAs and IAOs to perform their mandates; and (4) Strengthen the “structures” or key vertical and horizontal linkages within, between and among institutions so that they work together more effectively to achieve their goals.
Cardno seeks applications from qualified individuals of Ugandan nationality to serve as Activity Drivers. The Activity intends to hire two (2) drivers to meet Activity needs.
The Drivers will be responsible for ensuring maintenance of the Activity vehicle(s), and for driving Activity staff to dedicated destinations within Kampala and occasionally longer distances, depending on Activity needs.
This position requires a well-organized person to ensure staff are mobilized on time to their destinations, and to ensure project vehicles are maintained. S/he will:
- Drive project staff and other authorized persons to and from various points in Activity-owned vehicles.
- Coordinate with Activity staff including the second driver to prioritize and schedule transport requests as required to meet staff requirements.
- Observe and adhere to all safety precautions and driving laws before and during driving.
- Maintain proper vehicle mileage and usage records as per requirements.
- Conduct daily condition checks to ensure that the vehicle is in good running order.
- Keep the vehicle in a clean condition in order to uphold the image of the organization.
- Deliver and collect mails and other documents to and from various offices as required.
- Maintain punctuality and courtesy and adhere to traffic laws and regulations.
- Maintain confidentially of ISS Activity information at all times while executing duties.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Valid driver’s license in required class and demonstrable record of safe driving with no incidents or infractions recorded in the last five years.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an equivalent position with international organizations.
- Work experienced with USAID funded project is a plus.
- Experience in driving Hiace, 15 seater vans or similar is an added advantage.
- Must be a Ugandan citizen.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and time sensitive requests
- Fluency in English
Estimated Period of Performance:
The opening is a full-time position and will require staff time of 40 hours a week.
This is a long-term position and is based in Kampala.
The Drivers will report to the Admin. Assistant
Deadline for submission of applications
Send an updated CV and a 1-page cover letter describing your pertinent qualifications and experience to email@example.com by November 19, 2021 at 4:00 pm. Late applications will not be reviewed.
Equal Opportunity statement: Cardno has a long-standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment and reasonable accommodations will be considered.
For more details, please visit https://www.cardno.com/careers/browse-careers/