Job Title: Education Volunteer
Duration: 14 Months
Duty Station: Amuru District
Reports to: Project Coordinator
- SABC recruitment : Latest Jobs & Online Application
- Driving Vacancies & recruitment ( March 2024) : Open Jobs/ Application
- DHL recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- Eskom Recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- NEPAD Recruitment : 17 Open Jobs/Online application
- Old Mutual Recruitment : Open Jobs/Online application
- NGO Vacancies & recruitment : Open Jobs/ Application
Adventist Development Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global Humanitarian Arm the Seventh-day Adventist Church- with a purpose of serving humanity so all may live as God intended.
Our work touches millions of lives in more than 120 countries around the world. Our on-the-ground approach allows immediate assistance in times of crisis and true partnership with the communities we serve.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction and supervision of the Project Coordinator carry out community mobilization and sensitization about the activities of the project activities in collaboration with the relevant OPM, UNHCR and Local Government leadership structures, Partner NGOs, and Community / Refugee leadership structures.
- Together with refugee and community leaders responsible for mobilizing the parents and children to join and study in in Child Friendly Spaces/ECDs
- Mobilize parents and facilitators to establish backyard gardens
- Be directly responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of project activities.
- Carry out continuous assessments of the child attendance, enrollment, retention, learning and performance in CFS/ECDS
- Mobilize and organize SMC/PTA capacity building training
- Conduct regular assessment of SMC/PTA participation in school activities.
- Conduct regular assessment of Gender / SGBV, Child Protection and related Human Rights situation and needs in assigned refugee settlement(s), document and report these needs to ADRA Uganda through your immediate supervisor and working with ADRA Uganda Programs department develop concepts/ proposals for suitable interventions to address the identified needs.
- Organize and conduct community awareness / sensitization campaigns on Child Protection; prevention of SGBV, and Gender Mainstreaming.
- Organize, train and carry out continuous capacity building for female and male local leaders and community influential persons to sensitize targeted beneficiaries on Child Protection, Children’s rights, Psychosocial Support, SGBV and where to report risk and how to access care.
- Follow up, compile and submit to ADRA Uganda Case stories and pictures and video clips that demonstrate project impact; and document and submit to ADRA Uganda best practices that have been realized during project implementation.
- Maintain well organized and up-to-date files containing comprehensive records of all activities of the project, as well as a file containing your work plans, activity reports, and any other relevant information relating to your work.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned or are incidental to this office.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, or any related field
- Relevant Professional experience of not less than 2years
- Demonstrate ability to develop and maintain service mapping and referral pathways
- Ability to generate high-quality reports to senior management and relevant stakeholders.
- Experience in planning, implementation, coordination and review of program interventions.
- Highly organized, conscious on time management, negotiation and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications (MS Word, excel, PowerPoint and internet).
- Good interpersonal skills and unquestionable integrity.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the religious leader of your local congregation.
ADRA core competencies:
To serve humanity so all may live as God intended
ADRA Core Values
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the ADRA PASAGE project in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 25th January 2023
Kindly fill the form below and upload the required documents only in PDF format.