Ministry/Department- Ministry of Lands, Housing & Urban Development
Post- ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Reference- HRM 147/286/01
Minimum Age- 21
Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Electrical Engineer for performing the following duties:-
– Drafting preliminary and detailed electrical engineering and installation designs and operational procedures for handling projects and building works;
– Researching on and reporting on implementation of housing policies, laws and standards and regulations that relate to electrical engineering and installation;
– Participating in the drafting Terms of Reference for housing projects and programs;
– Attending site and other technical meetings and producing minutes; drafting work plans and budgets for the electrical engineering and installation function in the Division;
– Preparing draft Terms of Reference for engagement of Consultants by Government;
– Participating in organizing and implementing training programmes and activities for Local Governments and other stakeholders on matters regarding or incidental to electrical engineering and installation;
– Supervising and reporting on electrical engineering and installation works in Government housing projects;
– Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.