Job Title: Field Accountant
Organization: Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Uganda
Duty Station: Acholi Sub Region
Reports to: Project Manager
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a humanitarian non-governmental organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church that demonstrates God’s love and compassion. The organization works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible action. Currently the organization implements relief and development projects in West Nile, Acholi, Karamoja and South-Western Uganda. ADRA wishes to recruit a highly qualified, experienced and energetic Ugandan national, to occupy the vacant position of Field Accountant.
Job Summary: The Field Accountant has to be a detailed-oriented problem-solver, who work well in a team environment while at the same time possess the skill to work independently when needed, as well who has to make decisions under pressure and works efficiently under time constraints. Possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Above-average organizational, troubleshooting, and basic computer skills are also essential to this role to ensure a smooth implementation of the program and operation activities planned and overviewed. The Field Accountant provides general support for assisting the Project Coordinator in developing and implementing the project, in collaboration with the Management Team. To meet the demands of this positions, the Field Accountant is responsible for ensuring the completion of many tasks as record keeping of all the expenses related to the project, provision of general support in administration and security issues, maintain an accurate inventory of all equipment used in the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Project Coordinator in the admin, logistics and coordination
- Keenly monitor expenses and suggest cost-effective alternatives
- Bookkeeping of all expenses related to the project at the field level
- Keep a record of all the project files
- Maintain organized medical and employee records
- Monitor staff timesheet
- Perform any other duties deemed appropriate for this position.
- Supervise the Administrative Assistant
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the ADRA Uganda Field Accountant job placement should hold a Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- CPA or ACCA is an added advantage
- At least three years of related work experience
- Ability to work in 8 hours shifts, 5 working days
- Previous experience in the humanitarian sector (preferred)
- Previous experience with NGOs (preferred)
- Fluent in English
- Ability to speak the local language communicate and interact well with people from different educational, linguistic, cultural and religious backgrounds
- Proficiency in handling basic computer programs used in hospital management and basic computer skills in Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of SunPlus will be an added advantage.
Deadline: 15th December 2022
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications online at the link below
Fill the form below and upload all required documents in pdf format ONLY.