Job Title: Field Officer
Reports to: Associate Field Manager
Location: Kiryandongo Uganda
Start date: February 2022
Summary: GiveDirectly is driving a re-evaluation of the norms underlying international philanthropy with a provocative model: we deliver donations directly to the extreme poor and let them decide what to do with them. This approach builds on two converging trends: the rapid spread of electronic last-mile payments solutions in emerging markets, and the large body of experimental evidence showing that direct transfers are as or more cost-effective at reducing poverty than traditional, top-down approaches. GiveDirectly’s field operations utilize state-of-the-art technologies and business processes to deliver transfers securely, efficiently, and transparently. Our unorthodox approach – allowing the poor, and not the donor, to choose where they invest – has prompted debate in the popular press and among policy makers.
Role Overview: The Field Officer [FO] will be responsible for executing the recipient surveys and associated processes that facilitate GiveDirectly’s unique cash transfer model, from enrollment of recipients to sending actual transfers. The role will reward high-quality judgment on operational questions and challenges, work ethic, communication skills, and a strong commitment to GiveDirectly’s mission and model.
- Meet with the village elder, includes refugee and IDP leaders and guides to understand village and other boundaries.
- Coordinating with team members, visit every household in the village.
- Complete census surveys with accurate data.
- Explain GiveDirectly’s program to eligible households.
- Provide cell phones and SIM cards as necessary.
- Identify and eliminate ineligible households
- Explain safety and readiness information to recipients.
- Ensure someone in the household is ready to operate the phone to access transfers.
The Field Officer will play a critical day-to-day role in delivering Give Directly’s gold-standard cash transfer product to donors and recipients. For that reason, the suitable candidate for this position will:
- Possess previous working experience in the field with preference to vulnerable communities (1-2 years minimum)
- Have ability to conduct and support recipient surveys and associated processes.
- MUST possess work/language proficiency in English and Juba Arabic,
- Computer and mobile device data entry knowledge and skills and good typing skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to represent the organization effectively to external parties.
- Have ability to exercise patience and good judgment in resolving recipient problems.
- Particularly skilled with interpersonal skills with high empathy, honesty, and integrity.
- Must be able to work in and within teams.
- Possess high-quality problem solving, work ethic and a strong commitment to GiveDirectly’s mission and model.
- Good time-management skills.
- Diploma or equivalent from a credible institution. A degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
Applications for this role will be processed on a rolling basis.