Hope for Justice is a global charity working to end human trafficking/modern slavery by preventing exploitation, rescuing victims, restoring lives and reforming society – do you share our passion to live in a world free from slavery?
Hope for Justice is seeking an exceptional professional to join its team in Uganda as Finance and Administration Director. The purpose of role is to provide high level oversight of the finance and administrative operations of Hope for Justice Uganda in accordance with the Organization’s policies and procedures; ensure that the organization’s financial resources and assets are well managed and adequate for effective implementation of planned programs; provide financial expertise and advice to the Country Director and the Senior Management Team. This role reports to the Country Director and is an integral part of the Senior Management Team.
The key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to: –
· Ensure that a sound, efficient and effective financial management system is operational at all times in accordance with approved systems, policies and procedures in all financial transactions, monitoring and reporting.
· Spearhead financial planning including the preparation of overall institutional budget, project budgets, periodic cash flow forecasts and financial requests.
· Perform regular financial analysis, timely production of periodic reports including monthly management accounts, donor financial reports, annual accounts and other special purpose reports to aid in management decision making.
· Participate in the development of project proposals by ensuring proper costing for activities and that the budget includes all relevant components of the proposal.
· Provide technical support to sub grantees; monitor the use of grants advanced to the partners ensuring proper systems, good financial practices and records.
· Ensure effective management of organizational assets including the maintenance of an up-to-date fixed assets register and regular physical verification of the assets.
· Evaluate the efficiency and integrity of procurement processes to ensure cost-effective procurement of goods and services.
· Provide effective support and capacity building to departmental staff.
· Provide technical advice and operational guidance on innovative approaches to project financing, risk assessment and mitigation.
· A degree in Accounting or Business Management with a bias in Accounting
· Membership to professional accounting bodies such as ACCA and CPA.
· At least 10 years of progressive and professional accounting experience, of which at least 5 years should have been as a head of accounting function in a reputable NGO.
· Significant experience of managing Finance and administrative functions for consortium projects funded by USAID, EU and DFID.
· Strong communication skills including oral presentation skills, interpersonal and relational skills
· High level of integrity, accountability and responsibility;
· In depth knowledge of accounting software as well as Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Location: To be based in Kampala, Uganda
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive, based on experience and qualifications**
Closing date: 24th November, 2020
How to apply
To apply: Access the job application form here
Email your covering letter, resume and completed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org