JOB CATEGORY: Finance
DUTY STATION: Kampala, UG
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
SALARY SCALE: Not Specified
DEADLINE: Nov 26, 2020 05:00 PM
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
AGE LIMIT: Not Specified
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant is responsible for proper recording, coding, and documentation to ensure value for money in all transactions.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring that data required for donor reporting is recorded and adequately captured on the vouchers by donor, fund codes and chart of accounts. Discuss any coding errors with CFC or FM before capturing them in the cash book.
- Performing daily cashier duties: Receives, pays out petty cash (UGX & USD), makes payments for approved purchases, receives and holds receipts and/or advance documents: reconciles daily cash disbursements.
- Preparing bank payment vouchers for all approved voucher payments to recipients.
- Initiation of batches online for fully approved bank payment vouchers.
- Record all bank payments with missing receipts into spreadsheet and share with Operations/Procurement department to collect receipts from suppliers after every month closure.
- Ensure compliance with ALIGHT and donors procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure all payment documents for proper and adequate back up based on the ALIGHT Uganda minimum supporting documents requirement policy.
- Ensure timely capturing of all encumbrances/commitments at both Country Office and Field levels.
- Report to the supervisor all anomalies in implementing ALIGHT internal control policies
- Contributes significantly to the ongoing process of continuous improvement of the financial management system and the internal control.
Treasury control and verification
- Carry out weekly cash counts and at the end of each month. All cash counts should be documented.
- Liaison with bank on all banking issues.
- Unless approved by CFM or CD otherwise, ensure that EFT payments are issued for any time a payment request exceeds the petty cash threshold of UGX 350,000 before payment.
- Ensure that cash advance paid out are resolved within the set time flame
- Review of Field –based financial Data
- Ensure that field offices Petty cash replenishment is timely done.
- Re-check all vouchers’ reference and filling
- Ensuring that receipts are attached for all payment vouchers made from the Field.
- Donor Reporting
- Ensure data required for donor reporting is recorded and adequately captured on the vouchers by donor, fund codes and Chart of accounts. Discuss any coding errors with FM before capturing them in the cash book.
- Assist the department during Project Specific/Global annual Audits.
- Perform daily filling of financial documents following ARC filling system and policy
- Verify references assigned to documentations prior to filling
- Make sure that filling system is clearly understood and strictly followed to prevent loss or misplacement of documents
And any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- A minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Accounting and Finance or any other related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a finance department in a busy organization.
- Computer Skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel)
- Proven organizational skills and multitask under tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal skills.
- High level of integrity and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain good ethical and confidentiality standards.
Disclaimer : Availability of the position is subject to funding
Alight (formerly American Refugee Committee) is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.: Any form of canvassing in the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
“By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that ALIGHT is committed to ensure compliance of its code of conduct by staff with zero tolerance to GBV acts and Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. ALIGHT requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse and any nature of exploitation. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding related topics.”