Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Yumbe-Uganda
Reports to: Finance Officer
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based, non-missionary relief and development organization based in Copenhagen, Denmark and founded in 1922. DCA has supported development and humanitarian programs in Uganda for over 35 years, working in partnership with local partners. DCA is a member of the ACT Alliance. Our key competencies in Uganda are livelihoods and food security, humanitarian response, and civil society development. For more information Please visit: https://www.danchurchaid.org/where-we-work/uganda
Under direct supervision of the finance officer with an overall reporting to the finance and support manager, the finance assistant supports field programme activities through timely payment of vendors, maintain sufficient petty cash float for smooth operation of field activities, conduct petty cash reconciliation and replenishment. Provide secure filing system for easy retrieval of the vouchers during donor verification and external audit, ensure effective, transparent, and efficient utilization of programme finance, incompliance to donor requirements, DanChurchAid policy manuals and local government laws. Works in close collaboration with programme team and other support units both at field office and Kampala Head Office level.
Position Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain safe custody of petty cash float, cheque books, vouchers, ensure there is always enough cash in the office, conduct periodic cash and reconciliation.
- Conduct proper bookkeeping and updates record of petty cash account transactions in the system on daily basis for review and posting by the Finance and support manager.
- Perform thorough review and verification of payment vouchers, Supporting documents before processing payments and support in organization of donor verification and external audit.
- Disburse timely payments to vendors, file all the payment vouchers systematically and chronologically in both hard and soft copy for easy retrieve.
- Through the support from the finance officer, communicate the need for petty cash replenishment to ensure smooth operations of programme activities.
- Work in collaboration with programme team and other support units, provide guidance to properly use of various accounting templates.
- Build and develop meaningful and effective relationship with other staff both at West Nile field offices and DCA- Kampala Head Office.
- Induct new staff about DanChurchAid accounting policy, requirements, and relevant supporting documents.
- Prepare petty cash reconciliations and uploaded on the intranet at the end of every month.
- Thoroughly review and verify all petty cash payments vouchers for approvals and completeness before processing payment.
- Support the finance officer in capturing vouchers in the system on weekly basis.
- Ensure Systematic filing of payment vouchers and their support documents.
- Scan all payment vouchers and upload on the intranet for safety and security as part of risk management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or BBA (accounting)
- CPA/ACCA is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar role with an international organization.
- Understanding of the West-Nile context and local language is a Must
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English.
- Ability to pay attention to details and work under pressure.
How to Apply:
Deadline for Applying: 1st /July /2022.