Pollicy is seeking a Finance Manager in Uganda to support in the planning budgeting forecasting, business development as we scale up the organization. We are looking for someone meticulous, detail-oriented and flexible to develop our operations in Uganda. The Finance Manager will work closely with the finance and admin team.
We’re Hiring – Finance Manager
Great with numbers? Love planning and forecasting? Interested in building and scaling a fast-growing company? Are you ready to work with a dynamic team of young technologists, data scientists and designers?
We are looking for YOU!
Position Title: Finance Manager (Full-time)
Reports to: Executive Director and Head of Programs
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Length of Assignment: Minimum of 1-year
Prior Experience: At least 3-5 years
Suggested start date: February 2021
Salary and Benefits: We offer a competitive salary for companies in the sector.
What we do?
Pollicy believes in the power of data to revolutionize how governments deliver services to their citizens. We aim to digitally transform government services across Africa through an information-centric approach and craft better life experiences by harnessing improved data.
There are major gaps within government and stakeholders in collecting data, analyzing this data and using this data within planning, budgeting and programming. By improving data processes, we can improve how services are delivered, how budgets are allocated, how citizens interact with governments and how organizations advocate for social change.
Finance Manager Role
Pollicy is seeking a Finance Manager in Uganda to support in the planning budgeting forecasting, business development as we scale up the organization. We are looking for someone meticulous, detail-oriented and flexible to develop our operations in Uganda. The Finance Manager will work closely with the finance and admin team with support from the Executive Director and Head of Programs to streamline our financial processes.
Job tasks will include:
Provide overall leadership for all aspects of project finances and administration, including project personnel.
- Develop financial plans and oversee financial budgeting and forecasting for the business
- Manage business development activities according to financial plan to achieve profitability and revenue.
- Modify financial plan and budget amount based on the changes in business plans.
- Support the Executive Director and Head of Programs in profit and loss responsibility at Pollicy: drive revenue to cover operational costs within the firm, working closely with finance to analyze budgets vs actuals across various units.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility in all budgets and spending, findings areas for cost savings and increased resourcefulness
- Work with finance to ensure taxes and payroll are completed on time
- Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc
- Update and implement financial policies and procedures
- Seek out methods and practices to minimize financial risk
- Contract auditing services to ensure financial monitoring
- Collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Work with management to understand the scope and use of the forecast and to provide a project plan with key deliverables listed by date
Treasury, which will include:-
- Overseeing the budgeting process- Distributing budgets to budget holders- Bank and petty cash control
- Working closely with the Head of Programs to monitor operational data which impacts the financial results. Gathering insights on this data and making suggestions to improve financial performance. Strategic Planning and Execution
- Work with Executive Director and Head of Programs to develop scale strategy and set operational, sales, and financial targets and KPI
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and accountant
- Visit the field and get to understand more about the company customers and
- Capacity building of the finance team on financial modelling
Who should apply?
We are looking for mid-career professionals interested in working with a young company focused on civic technology issues pertinent to sub-saharan Africa. The position is only open to Ugandans.
You must have:
- Accountancy qualifications with a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in financial management (or equivalent)
- Financial management experience with planning, forecasting, and business analysis
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks Online (THIS IS A MUST)
- A proven track record of successfully developing internal structures within an organization to improve processes and workflow
- A natural curiosity and a “big picture” mentality
- A proven track record of managing the finances of a company
- Fluent in English
Candidates must also have:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to pass on information clearly to staff.
- Evidence of leadership and management experience with tangible positive outcomes.
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise good judgement in the resolution of problems.
- Highly team-oriented approach, with flexibility regarding tasks undertaken and the ability to prioritize a number of conflicting demands to meet exacting deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and deliver on several different project needs at the same time.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision. Interest and experience working in civic technology and a commitment to working with government and civil society on solving public service challenges.
- Ability and willingness to work in a multicultural and diverse remote working environment and flex style as the role requires contact with stakeholders across borders
- Credibility and confidence to challenge and propose better ways of doing things as well as build bridges and harmonize divergent interests and priorities
- Experience using technology within prior work
Here’s what’s next!
Send us an email at email@example.com with your CV, a brief statement of interest telling us why you’re interested in this position and believe you are a good fit for the role, and two references from recent employment. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, so please send in your information sooner rather than later.
Start date: February 2021
Deadline to apply: January 23rd, 2021
You can learn more about Pollicy at pollicy.org, on Twitter at @PollicyOrg or on Facebook!