Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Head of Finance
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based, non-missionary relief and development organization based in Copenhagen, Denmark and founded in 1922. DCA has supported development and humanitarian programs in Uganda for over 35 years, working in partnership with local partners. DCA is a member of the ACT Alliance. Our key competencies in Uganda are livelihoods and food security, humanitarian response, and civil society development.
Contribute to the efficient and effective financial and administrative management of the DCA Great Lakes Office, with a particular responsibility for the financial management of UNHCR project and with support to other international projects when assigned. In collaboration with the finance team, take responsibility of grants management, budgeting, donor reporting and compliance of the assigned projects. Provide administrative support in terms of tax obligation and compliance with the labour laws of Uganda and the DCA/donor policies and guidelines.
Position Responsibilities and Duties
- Leads in preparation of Proposal Budgets and Budget overview preparation of UNHCR project and any other assigned project and support to programme staff.
- Responsible for Monitoring of the project consumption and Capacity building of staff on the UNHCR project, reviewing donor budgets and financial reporting and compliance for the same project and assigned international donor project in collaboration with the relevant Programme Officer (PO) and the finance team.
- Responsible for inputting data in Maconomy as per Maconomy manual and “Roles and Responsibilities in Maconomy” regarding UNHCR project and other assigned grants. Ensuring all Program and Project Manual (PPM) steps are followed for internal approval of projects, making use of the Financial Monitoring Checklist tools available.
- Participate in the Reconciliation, adjustments, and reallocations of costs within the projects in consultation with the Finance and Compliance Coordinator (FCC) and the Head of Finance (HOF).
- Participate in monitoring quality assurance on the Time Registration of the UNHCR Project and Cost allocation on a Monthly basis to ensure consistency and accuracy including Co-Financing.
- Ensure the Budget Verses Actual (BvA) reports are produced every month and discussed with the responsible Programme Manager (PM).
- Lead in preparation, review, and Quality Assurance (QA) of quarterly, semi-annual, and annual UNHCR reports, and any assigned Projects before submission to FCC/HOF/IFU for QA and donor.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits and carry out partner capacity building whenever necessary.
- Participate in organizing all audit documents in preparation for the external audit, and offer support during the audit, ensuring that all the needed documents are uploaded on the intranet.
- Participate in Year-end closures of all projects in his portfolio and ensure reconciliation is done timely and accurately.
- Ensure unspent funds are followed up and refunded to DCA, reporting is done if there is any anomaly and vice versa if there is need to make refund to the donor
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance and accounting or any equivalent from a recognized academic institution is required.
- Good technical accounting skills – At least 6 years of experience in finance operations in the INGO development context.
- Relevant post graduate qualification and Professional Qualification/Certification such as /CPA/ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write good reports.
- Excellent analytical skill.
- Financial and Information Technology Systems – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office – especially MS Excel, Power point and MS Outlook. Knowledge and experience in the Maconomy systems Accounting software is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize within restricted resources to tight deadlines. Able to anticipate and adapt to change.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Self-motivated to set initiatives and self-learn.
DCA’s Uganda Program:
DCA has supported development and humanitarian programs in Uganda since 1979, working in partnership with local partners. DCA is a member of the ACT Alliance. Our key competencies in Uganda are in livelihoods and food security, Humanitarian response and Civil Society. For more information Please visit: https://www.danchurchaid.org/where-we-work/uganda.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the DanChurchAid (DCA) should apply online through the link below. National vacancies (danchurchaid.org)
Deadline for Applying: 25th /February/2022
DCA offers a salary package (Salary, Insurance & Pension) in accordance with the experience & DCA Uganda HR Manual. DCA is an equal opportunity employer, and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status, religious, political, or ethnic affiliation.
While we appreciate your interest to work with DCA, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.